Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about getting courses on a transcript
Hello everyone,

I'm new around here and have just began working toward working on credits to end up with a Business Administration degree from TESC. I have a few quick questions I was hoping you all could provide some advice on. I went to college at ECPI College of Technology for almost a year but that was back in 1997. I was going to just not even try to get credit for any of that but now I'm thinking I should.

My question is, what is the best way to get them on a transcript? I have ordered my transcript from them but I can't remember what all I even took though I believe I took Accounting and College Composition among others. Should I just get a copy for myself, see what I passed and leave them there until I enroll in TESC or would it be better to have my ECPI transcripts pulled into ACE Credit or something to get them locked in for TESC credit? I'm just a little nervous because of how old they are. From what I read I shouldn't really "enroll" into TESC until I'm at the point that I know I will graduate in a year to save money since its $2500 per year. Should I try to use ACE Credit as a transcript to bring all my credits to so when applying for TESC transfer credits they are all in one place? I've also got Strighterline credits, should I leave those there or just start sending everything to ACE to keep track?

Sorry if these are silly questions, again trying to feel my way through the process.
You should always send credits that Ace will transcibe to them, but they do not transcribe all credits. Don't worry about the age of your credits unless they arein your major they always accept old credits, some of mine were 35 years old. In your major the only state they may not accept credits over 10 years old, but I have never heard of them enforcing that. When you apply to TESC you will have to send them transcripts from all schools you attended then they will give you the unofficial evaluation you have 6 months after that to enroll and have that evaluation stand. Once you enroll you have twelve months to finish and if worse comes to worse you can extend for up to 3 months at a prorated cost. So from the time you apply you have a total of 21 months to complete you degree before having to pay a full second year tuition.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:You should always send credits that Ace will transcibe to them, but they do not transcribe all credits. Don't worry about the age of your credits unless they arein your major they always accept old credits, some of mine were 35 years old. In your major the only state they may not accept credits over 10 years old, but I have never heard of them enforcing that. When you apply to TESC you will have to send them transcripts from all schools you attended then they will give you the unofficial evaluation you have 6 months after that to enroll and have that evaluation stand. Once you enroll you have twelve months to finish and if worse comes to worse you can extend for up to 3 months at a prorated cost. So from the time you apply you have a total of 21 months to complete you degree before having to pay a full second year tuition.

Thank you for your response. If you don't mind I have a quick follow-up question. Can you actually enroll in TESC and not take any classes? My office would actually pay for 2 full years free of charge. I might have them do that if I can just stay enrolled and still complete all available credits through DSST/CLEP/SL etc. Reason being is that I have to show I'm enrolled for a promotion I just took.
jdavism Wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm new around here and have just began working toward working on credits to end up with a Business Administration degree from TESC. I have a few quick questions I was hoping you all could provide some advice on. I went to college at ECPI College of Technology for almost a year but that was back in 1997. I was going to just not even try to get credit for any of that but now I'm thinking I should.

My question is, what is the best way to get them on a transcript? I have ordered my transcript from them but I can't remember what all I even took though I believe I took Accounting and College Composition among others. Should I just get a copy for myself, see what I passed and leave them there until I enroll in TESC or would it be better to have my ECPI transcripts pulled into ACE Credit or something to get them locked in for TESC credit? I'm just a little nervous because of how old they are. From what I read I shouldn't really "enroll" into TESC until I'm at the point that I know I will graduate in a year to save money since its $2500 per year. Should I try to use ACE Credit as a transcript to bring all my credits to so when applying for TESC transfer credits they are all in one place? I've also got Strighterline credits, should I leave those there or just start sending everything to ACE to keep track?

Sorry if these are silly questions, again trying to feel my way through the process.

Since that school appears to be accredited through the Southern States group of schools (one of the regional accreditation firms) your credits will transfer directly to TESC. They will find the best match and you should get credit despite age (other than some business/tech major courses). As for your new post, yes you can enroll and take no courses. If someone else is paying the bill then this will allow you to plan out a degree and the school will collect your exams as they come in (just note TESC as the score recipient). By doing it that way you can watch the progress and get locked into a degree plan.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE Transcript to TESU zzzz24 10 3,377 08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,058 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,269 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM