Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research Methods or Experimental Design Course
Does anyone know of an online independent study course that can be used to fulfill the Research Methods or Experimental Design course at Charter Oak? Or an alternative course? I've been researching for hours and can't find anything. :confused::confused: Thank you!
The ECE exam Research Methods in Psychology should meet this requirement. DegreeForum's sponsor InstantCert's flashcard system includes a set for Research Methods in Psychology.

Charter Oak's own course PSY 410 Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences should also meet the requirement.
Thank you for the ECE recommendation. I am saving Charter Oak's course as a last resort because of the price. And I would rather a class because I'm not a good test taker.
I would ask Charter Oak, but especially for your Health Studies concentration this seems like a natural fit:

Brigham Young University Independent Study
HLTH 245 Principles of Epidemiology

BYU IS Wrote:Description:
Applying analytical tools to study acute and chronic disease to facilitate investigation and control of epidemics.

Course Content:
1. Foundations of Epidemiology
2. Historical Developments in Epidemiology
3. Practical Disease Concepts in Epidemiology
4. Design Strategies and Statistical Methods Used in Descriptive Epidemiology
5. Descriptive Epidemiology According to Person, Place, and Time
6. General Health and Population Indicators
7. Design Strategies and Statistical Methods in Analytic Epidemiology
8. Experimental Studies in Epidemiology
9. Statistical and Causal Association
10. Field Epidemiology
11. Chronic Disease Epidemiology
12. Clinical Epidemiology

Tuition is USD 489. The instructor, BYU full professor Ray Merrill, is also author of the text, Introduction to Epidemiology.
Psychology-Independent Study in Idaho-University of Idaho

does

Psyc 430: Tests and Measurements

meet the requirement ?

Course Description

Review of the major principles of test development including test construction and methods for
determining test validity and reliability, some of the currently used scales, and study of scaling methods such as
Thurstone scales, Likert scales, and semantic differentials.

Course Introduction

Psychological tests are used to help make decisions in a variety of settings. For example, they may help us
diagnose a mental illness, hire an employee, or assess achievement in school. Knowledge of psychological
testing is also important for research purposes. Measurement is an essential part of any science and this course
will give you an understanding of how psychologists develop and evaluate scales and tests.

The focus of this course will be on how to construct and evaluate psychological tests. We will also discuss
some types of psychological tests (e.g., intelligence tests, personality tests) to familiarize students with the
different types of tests available.

Course Objectives

• The primary objective of this course is to provide students with an understanding of how to develop and
evaluate psychological tests.
• Students will also learn about the ethics of testing and how testing can be used to help make decisions in
educational, clinical/counseling, and organizational settings.
Wow Smile thank you so much Jonathan and bluebooger. I actually had the BYU Epidemiology course on a list of courses to take. I'll email Charter Oak to see if that can be used to meet that requirement! The Idaho psychology course looks good also. It also looks like it may fulfill the ethics requirement. Although I have a Healthcare ethics course planned already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 649 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 295 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Research sources for writing assignments? GizmoJack 23 93,902 05-29-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Paths for a degreeless but established SWE to pivot into AI research dan087 12 1,394 01-09-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: omicreativedev
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,234 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Research on For-Profit Colleges sanantone 6 997 06-30-2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of Oxford - Diploma in IT Systems Analysis and Design (Online) $6400 nomaduser 11 5,648 08-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Methods of Proof in Mathematics Giantzebra 2 902 04-20-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Giantzebra
  CSU and compulsive Essay/Research papers Plancked 10 1,851 10-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Has anyone taken AMU's Historical Research Class to satisfy the TESU requirement? Jenna.C 10 2,167 09-27-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jsd