Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Transcripts
Good morning. 

I saw a post somewhere that Sophia's parchment transcripts would show a grade on UMPI final transcripts but would not be factored into the overall GPA. Is this the same with study.com transcripts that are sent directly to them from SDC as well or is study.com simply a pass/fail system where grades don't factor into their transcripts? I know the ace credits are only pass/fail but wasn't sure if it's different if it comes direct from SDC.

All the best. 

Shawn
Your GPA is solely based upon classes taken at UMPI.
(07-29-2021, 09:43 AM)ashkir Wrote: Your GPA is solely based upon classes taken at UMPI.

Hi Ashkir. I understand that the GPA is from classes at UMPI only. What I am wondering is if the grade scores from Study.com sent directly from them would come across as letter grades and show on the UMPI transcript like Sophia parchment transcript grades do or if they would simply show as pass/fail? I am looking at a local university masters program long-term that says that it wants to see letter grades for the last 60 credits and I wasn't sure if that could be accomplished on the UMPI transcript or not. Maybe a simpler question would be if Study.com offers any letter grades transcripts and is strictly pass/fail credits only?

PS - I saw your degree arrived here a little while back. Congratulations!!!!

Shawn
That sounds very unusual that Sophia courses would show as letter grades on UMPI’s transcript. Does anyone have an UMPI transcript that shows that? Any time I have transferred any course from anywhere, it just shows a letter of T or TR… NEVER a letter grade on the new school’s transcript.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-29-2021, 12:01 PM)Vle045 Wrote: That sounds very unusual that Sophia courses would show as letter grades on UMPI’s transcript.   Does anyone have an UMPI transcript that shows that?   Any time I have transferred any course from anywhere, it just shows a letter of T or TR… NEVER a letter grade on the new school’s transcript.

Hey there. I went digging. My wording was off, it wasn't lettered grades given, but numeric scores. It came up in this discussion. 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...hia?page=5

I think if you take them from Ace they are pass/fail, but if you do the parchment order direct from Sophia numeric scores are shown. I was wondering if there is an option for doing the same with Study.com with UMPI.

I've never seen any of the transcripts from Study.com or UMPI so have no clue Smile

Shawn
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • Pikachu
Sophia.org send transcripts with the percentage, StraighterLine sends their transcripts with both the letter grade and percentage, Study.com though is a strange one... When I sent transcripts to COSC, they came in with just the percentages, at TESU they came in with pass/CR, so it depends on who you send it to with Study.com, if the partner college/university is set with a % or a pass/fail system.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(07-29-2021, 12:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Sophia.org send transcripts with the percentage, StraighterLine sends their transcripts with both the letter grade and percentage, Study.com though is a strange one... When I sent transcripts to COSC, they came in with just the percentages, at TESU they came in with pass/CR, so it depends on who you send it to with Study.com, if the partner college/university is set with a % or a pass/fail system.

Thank you, that's helpful to know. Would it be a safe assumption then that UMPI is set with a percentage system then based on the previous thread stating that numeric grades were given for Sophia? 

If there isn't anyone who has transferred SDC generated transcripts to UMPI would my best bet be just to contact UMPI direct?

Shawn
(07-29-2021, 08:28 AM)lidel Wrote: Good morning. 

I saw a post somewhere that Sophia's parchment transcripts would show a grade on UMPI final transcripts but would not be factored into the overall GPA. Is this the same with study.com transcripts that are sent directly to them from SDC as well or is study.com simply a pass/fail system where grades don't factor into their transcripts? I know the ace credits are only pass/fail but wasn't sure if it's different if it comes direct from SDC.

All the best. 

Shawn
Hi. Just an fyi, but I actually just recently reviewed my transcript. I had a lot of courses from Sophia, but they just show up as P. No grades. I don't think UMPI shows them anymore. My SDC courses were the same. The only grades that showed were the ones I transferred from an actual SUNY school.
(07-29-2021, 12:47 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote: Hi. Just an fyi, but I actually just recently reviewed my transcript. I had a lot of courses from Sophia, but they just show up as P. No grades. I don't think UMPI shows them anymore. My SDC courses were the same. The only grades that showed were the ones I transferred from an actual SUNY school.

Did you send your Sophia classes through Credly or Parchment?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
UMPI alumni here. My UMPI transcripts show a numeric score for my Sophia courses that I transferred in. The grades for every class transferred in is not included in my GPA. All of my transferred courses have a grade shown. I used Parchment for my Sophia courses.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • OtterDen, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 195 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 289 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Parchment Question mikehart82 7 975 03-25-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 333 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI B.A.S MIS minor Eligibility Question Nobi 7 518 02-17-2024, 02:31 PM
  major/minor question ouiarenotamuzed 2 413 01-30-2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: ouiarenotamuzed
  UMPI Courses Question lala25 6 1,195 01-03-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing Question Infinite-Telephone52 2 989 12-10-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Jarnaginra
  Question about UMPI BLS electives okk82798 11 888 11-13-2023, 11:36 AM
Brick UMPI duel degree Question Brandon.Thomas.Downer 5 792 10-25-2023, 08:33 PM