Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sophia's customer support sucks
They're never available. always respond late. Their hours are focused on central US. They have no weekend coverage. Nobody to unlock accounts, etc. It feels unacceptable after I just renewed for $100 and can't use it 

I got locked out because I typed my SMS code wrong ONE TIME. ONE typo it locked my entire account out. I was about to take my final. Last time I contacted sophia it took them 6 days to get back to me. Now I can't do anything.

The typing verification stopped working when I resubbed this week. When registering for courses it doesn't ask anymore for you to type it. So I don't know what it is comparing me against.
Part of this echos my annoyance with companies that refuse to acknowledge that we are now living in a global economy and employees need to be available 24/7, at the very least for customer service. Companies should just create three shifts of workers. This would really improve things worldwide.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 2 users Like SweetSecret's post:
  • ashkir, LevelUP
100% they need weekend support with such a large and international population at the very least.
They definitely need longer hours for their live support. But this also wouldn't be as much of an issue if their email support actually worked.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I found that their live chat support is very good.

I failed one of the Stats milestones, and customer support was able to quickly set things up to give me a 2nd try at it.  (This is done automatically now, I think)
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • sophia UX
(11-27-2022, 02:19 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Part of this echos my annoyance with companies that refuse to acknowledge that we are now living in a global economy and employees need to be available 24/7, at the very least for customer service. Companies should just create three shifts of workers. This would really improve things worldwide.

Easier said than done at this point in time.  Companies can barely get ANY workers at all, let alone ones that are willing to work nights and weekends.  Some companies struggle with this more than others.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
Braven and I found a way around it. While waiting to hear back he went to take a second course. They asked him for authentication he passed the SMS that time. He went back to his exam he got locked out of, and it let him take it!

He's 1 class away from being done at Sophia and he'll transfer those 4 classes to UMPI. With this he has 2 electives left and he'd be done with his BA!
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Imadillo, sophia UX, TwinMom, uncapentin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,494 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 388 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,804 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,878 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,974 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares