Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course
I did do a search before posting & I couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. If there is a thread that answers these questions please post the link to it.

For those who have completed this course can you please let me know:

Is the course layout similar to the free cybersecurity courses?

Are there multiple quizzes throughout the course or just one final exam?

If I study 2 hours a day & grasp the material fairly easily how long should it take to complete the course?
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

It was not the same layout as the cybersecurity courses that I took. It was still reading material, but it seemed different. Was not a major learning curve on the changes. There was a pre test. Final exam. I remember exercises throughout the course but those weren't graded as far as I could tell. I had knowledge going in (did really well on pre test) and found material and final straightforward. I am not sure how many days I took or how many hours each day, but I remember that was similar in that way to the teex courses went for me. I enjoyed this course and think you'll find it doable. I know I was concerned about squeamish kind of stuff, but I used a piece of paper to block the photos I didn't want to keep on seeing while reading and then onto next screen. parts with child death were a little rough to get through.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Michelle779
(06-21-2020, 06:45 PM)P226mem Wrote: It was not the same layout as the cybersecurity courses that I took. It was still reading material, but it seemed different. Was not a major learning curve on the changes.  There was a pre test.  Final exam. I remember exercises throughout the course but those weren't graded as far as I could tell.  I had knowledge going in (did really well on pre test) and found material and final straightforward.  I am not sure how many days I took or how many hours each day,  but I remember that was similar in that way to the teex courses went for me.  I enjoyed this course and think you'll find it doable. I know I was concerned about squeamish kind of stuff, but I used a piece of paper to block the photos I didn't want to keep on seeing while reading and then onto next screen.  parts with child death were a little rough to get through.

Thank you very much!
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

(06-21-2020, 01:02 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: I did do a search before posting & I couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. If there is a thread that answers these questions please post the link to it.

For those who have completed this course can you please let me know:

Is the course layout similar to the free cybersecurity courses?

Are there multiple quizzes throughout the course or just one final exam?

If I study 2 hours a day & grasp the material fairly easily how long should it take to complete the course?

I found it similar in some ways to the cybersecurity courses, but significantly different in others.  For example, there's a "Death Investigation Guide", sort of a field manual you use throughout the course, and many prepared notes on different study areas.  A lot of work went into preparing this course, the overall level of quality is higher than most other TEEX online courses I've taken.  I found it enjoyable but challenging, but to be fair, it's recommended for three upper-level ACE credits.

FWIW, it is represented as a 40-hour course.  I finished in something less than that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • Michelle779

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 220 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 763 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,315 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 2,755 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 779 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  Cybercrime Investigation Alpha 0 495 05-27-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 423 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  An Investigation Finds That Millions of Students Are Taking on Dangerous BNPL Debt LevelUP 4 827 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,328 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics
  Anyone else having issues accessing TEEX lessons? delightfulwilderness 2 578 10-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: delightfulwilderness