Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about these bachelor's degrees
(10-01-2018, 02:10 PM)allvia Wrote: But this is why I stated in my post  for the "general audience" that I knew he would have one (seeing he paid to take a course with them - specifically so he could get it; which is something they should provide automatically - but don't for that degree)

Trust me, I know. I went through 2-3 months of "we sent transcripts", "no they didn't" before I finally gave up.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Life_One
(10-01-2018, 01:05 PM)allvia Wrote: Since you mentioned that you run a business, but you have interest in IT - then the TESU BSBA-CIS might be of interest if you want to stick with the self-paced option, you can use the alternative credit providers like Study.com, SL and such to complete https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/compu...on-systems

WGU also has a Business/IT combo with their BS Business - IT Management path https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html# - info about WGU's self-paced competency listed (they will likely give you a block Gen Ed for your PierPont Associate Degree (knowing that you will have access to a transcript to send WGU since you're taking a course with them). This would would for them as well under most of their IT programs as well if you forgo the business area all together: https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees.html#

I want to add that I noticed that you show a D for your Written English II (Comp II) course, I think TESU would require it to be taken again. I believe that the Comp I & II must be a C or higher when graded. The other D courses should be accepted for credit at TESU however.

Once you get your BOG AAS, I would apply to WGU since it is free to apply (for whichever program interested you the most) and send them your Pierpont transcript proving you're a ASS graduate; and see if they do give you the block transfer (the AAS works for many, but not all their programs)

You guys are helping me along! I appreciate it! I never thought I would have an ASS degree Wink made me laugh Big Grin. Nice catch on the D for written English II, Research writing was/is supposed to replace that but I'm not sure how TESU would look at it. At my B and M college, you have to take English I and II before you can take Research writing. Either way, it's not a big deal. I'll figure something out. I have some options on where to attend which is the important aspect.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
(10-01-2018, 04:33 PM)Life_One Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 01:05 PM)allvia Wrote: I want to add that I noticed that you show a D for your Written English II (Comp II) course, I think TESU would require it to be taken again.  I believe that the Comp I & II must be a C or higher when graded.  The other D courses should be accepted for credit at TESU however.

Once you get your BOG AAS, I would apply to WGU since it is free to apply (for whichever program interested you the most) and send them your Pierpont transcript proving you're a ASS graduate; and see if they do give you the block transfer (the AAS works for many, but not all their programs)

You guys are helping me along! I appreciate it! I never thought I would have an ASS degree Wink made me laugh Big Grin. Nice catch on the D for written English II, Research writing was/is supposed to replace that but I'm not sure how TESU would look at it. At my B and M college, you have to take English I and II before you can take Research writing. Either way, it's not a big deal. I'll figure something out. I have some options on where to attend which is the important aspect.

If you have an AAS, most WGU degrees will not require you to take any GE's, that would include. English Comp II.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life_One

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 439 Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 607 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,784 03-28-2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 738 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 214 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,736 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 564 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 445 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 271 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 495 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill