Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Study.com Questions
Can I sign up for the Study Plus ($59) plan, take the courses I need and then upgrade to the College Accelerator ($199) and take the final exams? 

I want to take all of the courses I need back to back with the Study Plus plan. I know you can take unlimited courses that way. But then, to get college credit, I'd like to take the necessary tests by upgrading to the College Accelerator plan. Will that work? 

Here's what I'm pondering:

-Is the material the same for Study Plus and College Accelerator (minus the final exam)?
-Will my progress be saved when I upgrade?
Yes, people have done this in the past.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yes. With my two: they use the Premium Plan for a month, switch to the College Accelerator Plan and take the first exam. Then study for and take the second exam before the 30 days is up. Then switch back to the Premium Plan.
This works out great if you want/need the extra time to study.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • Pikachu
There is a limit to 5 exams in a month - so you could upgrade to the $199 plan and 2 do exams, and then any extras are $70 each; then you'd have to wait until the next month to do any additional exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-13-2021, 12:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is a limit to 5 exams in a month - so you could upgrade to the $199 plan and 2 do exams, and then any extras are $70 each; then you'd have to wait until the next month to do any additional exams.

In one month + 1 day, you can take 10 exams, that's quite a lot.  

(10-13-2021, 12:17 PM)iothom Wrote: Can I sign up for the Study Plus ($59) plan, take the courses I need and then upgrade to the College Accelerator ($199) and take the final exams? 

I want to take all of the courses I need back to back with the Study Plus plan. I know you can take unlimited courses that way. But then, to get college credit, I'd like to take the necessary tests by upgrading to the College Accelerator plan. Will that work? 

-Is the material the same for Study Plus and College Accelerator (minus the final exam)?

Right now there is a special deal for 30% off Study.com for the first 3 months.  It will end up costing you more money in trying to sign up for the $59 plan, then pay full price for Study.com later on.

Say you got 10 Study.com courses

Option #1 Using $59 Study.com plan
$118 (2 months of $59)
$180 ($20 1st month standard Study.com discount)
$200 (full price)
$420 (remaining exam fees $70x6)
$918 Total

Option #2 Using 30% Discount Study.com plan
$140 (Study.com 30% discount)
$140 (Study.com 30% discount)
$280 (remaining exam fees $70x4)
$700 Total
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-13-2021, 09:31 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 12:17 PM)iothom Wrote: Can I sign up for the Study Plus ($59) plan, take the courses I need and then upgrade to the College Accelerator ($199) and take the final exams? 

Right now there is a special deal for 30% off Study.com for the first 3 months.  It will end up costing you more money in trying to sign up for the $59 plan, then pay full price for Study.com later on.

Say you got 10 Study.com courses

Option #1 Using $59 Study.com plan
$118 (2 months of $59)
$180 ($20 1st month standard Study.com discount)
$200 (full price)
$420 (remaining exam fees $70x6)
$918 Total

Option #2 Using 30% Discount Study.com plan
$140 (Study.com 30% discount)
$280 (remaining exam fees $70x4)
$700 Total

I'm glad I saw this. So the 30%/3 month plans that are around, those only apply to buying a College Accelerator membership, not to anything else, including membership upgrades?

I've got 8 classes left before starting my degree at WGU, and they're all at SDC. I was planning on starting with the Premium ($59/mo) plan) and then being able to upgrade to College Accelerator when I was ready for an exam or two, and I figured the 30% off code would apply to the Premium *and* to the subsequent upgrade to College Accelerator. If I'm understanding you correctly, that won't work, right?
FYI for anyone else who might read this, I reached out to SDC and they said that they can apply their discounts to new customers, lasting for 3 months, but will not follow the account for any membership changes.

Here's what my breakdown looks like if I did a month of "Premium" before starting the College Accelerator, and if I did 3 months of College Accelerator, and if I did two months. This is going for 8 classes that I have left to take, looking to get them done in 2-3 months (doing school full time).

Premium -> College Accelerator
$42 - Premium [30% discount] (Month #1)
$200 College Accelerator (Month #2)
$140 Two Extra Classes [$70/ea]
$200 College Accelerator (Month #3)
$722 TOTAL

College Accelerator (3 months)
$140 College Accelerator [30% discount] (Month #1)
$70 One Extra Class
$140 College Accelerator [30% discount] (Month #2)
$70 One Extra Class [$70/ea] [$70/ea]
$140 College Accelerator [30% discount] (Month #3)
$560 TOTAL

College Accelerator (2 months)
$140 College Accelerator [30% discount] (Month #1)
$140 College Accelerator [30% discount] (Month #2)

$140 Two Extra Classes [$70/ea]
$560 TOTAL

Definitely a better option to go for the College Accelerator plan with a 30% discount, at least if you're trying to scoot through ASAP and aren't planning on being there longer than 3 months.
@Seraphgrim et al, yes. I did a similar calculation as well before. The only way to get a cheaper total is with a referral discount and also by doing a max of 5 courses per month. Study.com's marketing/sales team has formula for the membership fee, it really won't matter which way you slice things, it'll come to the same price point, the only way again is through referral discount and maxing the 5 courses for that month.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you doing school full-time, it should be easy to get the Study.com courses done.  Most of the courses take 20hrs or less to do.

Just remember to score near 100% on the quizzes, (you get 3 tries which they either show you the answer or point you to the exact spot where the answer is), and then you only need 55% on the final to pass.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,346 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,488 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,718 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM