Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick, cheap, own pace, Business degree
Carnation Wrote:How much does it cost to apply for the Pierpont AAS?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Applications are FREE! Technically, Pierpont doesn't charge you anything for the BOG AAS at all! The only thing you're paying for is the $25 ASU UL 1 credit course as you need that for a graded credit, and the cost of transcripts from any other institution you've taken courses from. If you only take the course at ASU and transfer in all Sophia.org courses, you can get a free transcript from Credly for your Sophia.org courses! It's absolutely the cheapest AAS ever!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Can't beat that price.

Now about the ASU 1 credit course...
Is it, "Online Support Fundamentals" (next course January 11, 2022) which is linked in the Pierpont wiki, or is it, "Online Business Technology Fundamentals?"
Or are they the same class just with a new name?

I appreciate the help.
I fixed the wiki link. They're the same course, they just changed the URL for some reason.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-14-2022, 02:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I fixed the wiki link. They're the same course, they just changed the URL for some reason.

Got it. 
Thanks!
(05-30-2022, 02:28 PM)Carnation Wrote: Background:
Ds graduated from high school in June 2020... 
Unfortunately Children's believes he had MIS-C from Covid in June 2020 and still runs 102 degree fever when he gets run down.
His father is on oxygen from Covid so Ds cannot attend college in person.

In 2019, 2 music classes were completed from our local community college and he passed the DSST Civil War and Reconstruction.
He also completed a couple of courses from Sophia when they were free one summer, Macroeconomics and College Composition 1.
He has not done any math classes since 2019, which would require reviewing and possibly relearning a subject which is not his favorite and he hates Aleks math with a passion!

I am looking for the best way for him to earn a Business degree where he can work at his own pace (testing out and/or online college) where he can take breaks from classwork whenever necessary for his mental and physical health but yet give him hope of actually completing a bachelors degree.
Perhaps starting out doing a bunch of credit by exam for him to see that a degree is doable?
I've read about CLEP exams being free by going through Modern States and he can now test from home!

I originally looked into the Big 3 when ds was in high school mainly because he does not tolerate busy work or the thought of repeating high school (Liberal Arts) courses.
I know much has changed in the last 5 years and we would love any insight and ideas this wonderful community can provide us regarding the best paths forward.

One last tidbit... Ds loved learning from Study.com and we used that as part of his homeschooling back when it was a free site under another name.
Not sure if that can still be used to earn college credit or how expensive that would be if he couldn't complete a bunch of classes in a month.

He can still earn college credit on Study. It was our preferred way to earn college credit. You can earn around 100 credits on Study.com. We went back and forth between the 59 and 199 plan so we could take 2 months for 2 classes and make it self-paced. We used this degree plan and you can use it and edit it however you want if it's helpful.  https://bit.ly/3NccxfS 

The UExcel exams have to be scheduled by 6/30 so you would want to choose Excelsior or somewhere else to take these.  

If you decide to take classes on Study you can save $60 with the code: smarterby1degree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 3 80 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 174 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 255 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,844 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 555 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 284 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 237 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM