Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick, cheap, own pace, Business degree
Actually, as far as TESU is concerned, Sophia courses are pass/fail. There is no grade shown on the transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Not only are Sophia pass/fail and *no proctor*, they are open book. If you have dual screens, you can have the test open on one screen and the PDF from each section on the other screen. If you can CTRL-F, you can usually find the answers eventually.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • rachel83az
(05-31-2022, 01:01 PM)Carnation Wrote: I read that some TECEPs could be taken at home... how do you know which ones?

All of them can be taken at home, unlike DSSTs. They use ProctorU as a proctoring system, which some people have a lot of issues with. Others have no issues at all. Depending on your connection speed, the phase of the moon, who your proctor randomly winds up being, etc., it can take 1-2 hours to get things working before the test. And this is something that would then need to be done before each and every exam. If someone is dealing with health issues, I would figure that the $150 for the LL TECEPs might just be money down the drain. Getting things working can be super stressful even for a healthy person and might throw one off their testing game.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
@Carnation - BTW, how young is your son?  If he has been out of school for two years, you may want to get him an Associates at Pierpont, particularly the BOG AAS with an Info System emphasis.  The reason is to provide him multiple options, a Business and IT related studies while he's thinking of laddering to a Bachelors later.  He has graded credits from the 2 music courses at the local community college I assume.  If he needs more, he may want to take the $25 ASU UL IT course that is self paced and work on 3 things that I usually recommend. 1) Certs 2) Degree 3) Experience.

To get him reacquainted with school and boost his ego/knowledge, I highly recommend the AAS...  So, sign him up for the CSM Learn ($39 - $35 if you sign up for newsletter), ASU UL 1 credit $25 course, and once done, sign up for Sophia.org courses that can be used towards the BOG AAS, another option is to take CLEP/MS instead of Sophia.org, or if you want to try Saylor.org courses, that will work as well.  You can pretty much follow this wiki page to get the Pierpont BOG AAS, it has links to what I just mentioned: Pierpont C&TC

If he's still a bit younger than I originally thought, he can take the route I just mentioned, but take his time by completing inexpensive certs from Coursera, this will help him break into Business but more on the IT side of things, affordably or even free through American Dream Academy - Link: Coursera - Basically, he should get 90 or more credits with the CLEP/MS, Sophia.org, whatever else he would like to learn, it doesn't necessarily need to be for credit towards the degree, he should keep learning regardless.  You can use those credits (90+) for transfer to TESU or UMPI later...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(05-31-2022, 09:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Carnation - BTW, how young is your son?  If he has been out of school for two years, you may want to get him an Associates at Pierpont, particularly the BOG AAS with an Info System emphasis.
My son really likes the idea of having a closer goal to aim for. Thank you for this suggestion.

If he needs more, he may want to take the $25 ASU UL IT course that is self paced and work on 3 things that I usually recommend. 1) Certs 2) Degree 3) Experience.
My son liked the idea of this course, but it says the next course is January 11, 2022! I guess we will have to see if he is still interested in January of next year.

To get him reacquainted with school and boost his ego/knowledge, I highly recommend the AAS...  So, sign him up for the CSM Learn ($39 - $35 if you sign up for newsletter), ASU UL 1 credit $25 course, and once done, sign up for Sophia.org courses that can be used towards the BOG AAS, another option is to take CLEP/MS instead of Sophia.org, or if you want to try Saylor.org courses, that will work as well.  You can pretty much follow this wiki page to get the Pierpont BOG AAS, it has links to what I just mentioned: Pierpont C&TC
Thank you for the link so I have the specifics of what he needs to focus on.

If he's still a bit younger than I originally thought, he can take the route I just mentioned, but take his time by completing inexpensive certs from Coursera, this will help him break into Business but more on the IT side of things, affordably or even free through American Dream Academy - Link: Coursera - Basically, he should get 90 or more credits with the CLEP/MS, Sophia.org, whatever else he would like to learn, it doesn't necessarily need to be for credit towards the degree, he should keep learning regardless.  You can use those credits (90+) for transfer to TESU or UMPI later...
I think your son clicked on the wrong link. The $25 class at ASU is open now, start any time. 100% self-paced: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-tech...s-cis-194/
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Carnation
(06-09-2022, 02:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think your son clicked on the wrong link. The $25 class at ASU is open now, start any time. 100% self-paced: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-tech...s-cis-194/

Thank you!

I had followed the link that was on one of the wiki pages.
(06-12-2022, 09:24 PM)Carnation Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 02:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think your son clicked on the wrong link. The $25 class at ASU is open now, start any time. 100% self-paced: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-tech...s-cis-194/

Thank you!

I had followed the link that was on one of the wiki pages.

Thanks, I hadn't realized they'd changed the URL. I've fixed the wiki page now.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-31-2022, 01:12 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Not only are Sophia pass/fail and *no proctor*, they are open book.  If you have dual screens, you can have the test open on one screen and the PDF from each section on the other screen.  If you can CTRL-F, you can usually find the answers eventually.

You don't even need dual screens to have the test and PDF open. You can have one tab open that's the actual course. Don't even need to use the PDF. And another tab open that's the exam. That's how I worked through Sophia.
How much does it cost to apply for the Pierpont AAS?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 159 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 137 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,726 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 213 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,081 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 252 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,208 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK