Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickest Degree
This is a tricky multi part question for whomever may know.

Does EC give any kind of credit for an Airframe and Powerplant licesne?
If so, what would be the degree? Technology maybe?

The Technolgy degree requires 12 Math credits above algebra though also.

I know TESC has a degree I could use it for but they are way to expensive and my employer will not reimburse the way they have the lump sum tuition.

I am currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science degree program but my last 9 classes have to be taken so I am looking at another year and half. I have been looking into a quicker route but, I am also looking for the easiest route.

Thanks
I know TESC has a degree I could use it for but they are way to expensive and my employer will not reimburse the way they have the lump sum tuition.

TESC isn't only lump sum tuition. That's one option (called the comprehensive plan), but not the only plan. What you need is called enrolled option. I am on this plan and pay per credit. Revisit the website. If you can get per credit reimbursement you should be fine. Also, the comprehensive is ONLY a deal for a student taking 36 credits in house at TESC.
What about the $2300 annual enrollment tuition? It says you have to pay that even if using the enrolled option. That is alot of money plus per credit hour.
dc67 Wrote:What about the $2300 annual enrollment tuition? It says you have to pay that even if using the enrolled option. That is alot of money plus per credit hour.
>>

Yes, but that's because TESC (and EC, Charter Oak) don't have residency requirements. So, while another college may not require this money called
"enrollment fee", they do "get their money" by having a "residency requirement" of 30 or more semester hours. For someone to compare apples to apples, the 30 credits required of a transfer student to earn a bachelor's degree would need to be less than $80 per credit. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any regionally accredited college in the country that meets that criteria.
Since you are currently 27 credits out from your own completion, you'll have to do the math and see if it pays off in your situation. Even if it ends up being slightly more $, you have to consider the option of using testing, which is very attractive when you are looking at 1 1/2 more years of schooling.
Typically, you would only enroll at TESC when you are within a year's reach of your degree. (NOTE: I have no idea about your field, so TESC might not even work in your case, I am just being generic which I am sure you understand)

Quick question, I know you have taken CLEPs already, can you test out of any more? Are there any TESC or EC exams that you can use and transfer back into your home college?
The only class I have left that I can test out of where I am is College Algebra. It has been a long time since I have taken Algebra of any kind so I am leary of taking it right now. My biggest problem with the $23oo is my employer only reimburses by the class so I woud have to fork over the $2300 out of my pocket. Plus, TESC has a BS degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology but it would require COllege Algebra plus pre Calculus, 2 Physics, Statistics and Chemistry. So although it may be less classes, they are all tough. That's why I am curious about what EC might offer that I could finish by testing but not have so many tough classes. I emailed EC's admissions, I am waiting to hear back. iam just hoping someone on hear may know of a good degree path for me.

Thanks,

Doug
dc67 Wrote:The only class I have left that I can test out of where I am is College Algebra. It has been a long time since I have taken Algebra of any kind so I am leary of taking it right now. My biggest problem with the $23oo is my employer only reimburses by the class so I woud have to fork over the $2300 out of my pocket. Plus, TESC has a BS degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology but it would require COllege Algebra plus pre Calculus, 2 Physics, Statistics and Chemistry. So although it may be less classes, they are all tough. That's why I am curious about what EC might offer that I could finish by testing but not have so many tough classes. I emailed EC's admissions, I am waiting to hear back. iam just hoping someone on hear may know of a good degree path for me.

Thanks,

Doug

Yes, I see what you are saying. I hope someone can give you the inside track!!!
Quicker, easier…or cheapest? It’s hard to find all three.

You can see the credits for A&P that I received in my signature block. EC required ACE transcripts to verify the coursework was taken. FYI, you can navigate the ACE website to view and order your transcript directly from the website. Also, I discovered my info was already in their system despite the fact I had never signed up/enrolled with ACE.

TESC used many of the credits towards the BSAST degree. TESC even awarded some as 300-level credit. EC wont do that. TESC also recognizes 200-level courses as upper level. Again, EC, or anyone else for that matter, will award upper level.

Let ms know if you want to see the A&P credit distribution from TESC.

Hope that helps. ICS
cheersmate
2012 - Executive Certificate, University of Notre Dame
2010 - Master of Business Administration, TUI University
2008 - Bachelor of Science, Excelsior College
2002 - Airframe & Powerplant License, Federal Aviation Administration
1998 - Associates Degree, Community College of the Air Force

Acquired 306 total credits: CCAF - 93, Exams - 66, ACE - 67, Other - 80:patriot:
That is what I am looking for. Which of your tests/courses were upper level and how many are required?

Thanks,

Doug
Are ECE exams multiple choice like a clep? How do they compare? If they are granting UL credit, I assume they are harder.....

Can you have an ECE exam proctored anywhere they offer clep and DSST?

DO clep and dsst score automatically get added to your transcript and degree plan when you have them sent in? DO you have to pay to have them added? I am looking at the web site and it says something about $25 a test or something.

Sorry for all of the questions, I am just trying to have all of the facts straight.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,777 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,004 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,324 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,683 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero