Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking?
Hi guys!
I’ve tried to look this up here & can’t find a current response for what I’m looking for. I have recently applied & interviewed for a position that requires proof of at least 60 CH in lieu of having to take an exam. The exam isn’t too expensive, but not sure I’ll get the results back as timely as needed after the ridiculous scheduling process. 
I have a slew of credits from Sophia & other “alternative” sources that I’d like to use to avoid taking the exam. Because timing is an issue, I tried to simply submit a parchment transcript from Sophia. As expected, the legitimacy of the credits are being questioned as it’s not a “proper transcript”.  
How can I (preferably inexpensively) get all of these credits into one place to appear more legitimate?  I’ve looked into Excelsior’s OneTranscript, but see it has mixed reviews on here. 

Thanks so much!
The easiest way would probably be to apply to TESU, pay $50 for the Medical Terminology exam (you don't have to take the exam), and transfer all your credits to them. It's not exactly credit banking but it should work for your purposes.

If you don't already have an Associate's degree, and are in the US, you could do the Pierpont BOG AAS: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC It won't help you right now but it would probably prevent this sort of situation in the future.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
OneTranscript option from Excelsior may work, if they are charging you $40 or $50, it isn't a bad option at all. If you want, similar to what Rachel83AZ mentioned, you can apply to Excelsior for free and send in your transcripts, then have them create a transcript for you at $40. Check the pricing first before you proceed... either option for Excelsior or TESU should work.

I'm not sure if you have applied to any school yet, but you should get yourself an AAS at Pierpont also mentioned by Rachel83AZ, that will hit "60 credits" when you get your parchment and a transcript from them! You can ladder that onto a BAS or BLS with a concentration at UMPI and finish a Bachelors for an affordable/inexpensive degree.

BTW, I've read your previous posts before. Are you looking at a specific degree... What degree are you looking for anyways?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OneTranscript from Excelsior is $295 plus transcript fees and $20 for each transcript you request from EC. It's also $25 each time you want to update your credits.

https://www.excelsior.edu/support-resour...ranscript/

Not sure where bjchueng sees $40, $50 for OneTranscript.
Thanks Rachel!
I finally applied to TESU in Feb & did exactly what you said with Medical Terminology to be considered enrolled. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this!

& Brian - I originally thought Elementary Education at WGU, but in my state all I need is to pass the certifications with ANY degree, so I’m shooting for the TESU BALS. I started working again after nearly a decade of stay at home momming & it has definitely killed the momentum I had.

This having to argue over the legitimacy of my “alternative” credits has certainly lit a petty bi*** fire in me to continue, lol!
Onetranscript is just that, a service, they have partners and I recall them partnering with many, such as Onlinedegree.com and Study.com, etc. I would also email them just in case they do only charge the $40. I don't recall it is $40 per provider, but again, check with them directly. Study.com may have stopped using this service, but I just looked up Onlinedegree and sure enough, it's still $40. http://help.onlinedegree.com/en/articles...transcript

Calstar, yes, use the TESU transcript if you already have one! And yes, decide to stay with TESU or UMPI, either one would do, but get some more credits with Sophia.org towards your BOG AAS and your UMPI BAS or BLS, or whichever degree/school you decide to get your degree from.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-24-2021, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Onetranscript is just that, a service, they have partners and I recall them partnering with many, such as Onlinedegree.com and Study.com, etc.  I would also email them just in case they do only charge the $40.  I don't recall it is $40 per provider, but again, check with them directly.  Study.com may have stopped using this service, but I just looked up Onlinedegree and sure enough, it's still $40.  http://help.onlinedegree.com/en/articles...transcript

I'm so confused by your post. The $40 if for a transcript for the courses taken on OnlineDegree.com. Yes, EC sends the transcript, but it's not a credit bank. It's just a transcript for those courses and nothing else. 

OneTranscript is $295 from EC.
(07-24-2021, 02:24 PM)Calstar Wrote: Thanks Rachel!
I finally applied to TESU in Feb & did exactly what you said with Medical Terminology to be considered enrolled. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this!

& Brian - I originally thought Elementary Education at WGU, but in my state all I need is to pass the certifications with ANY degree, so I’m shooting for the TESU BALS. I started working again after nearly a decade of stay at home momming & it has definitely killed the momentum I had.

This having to argue over the legitimacy of my “alternative” credits has certainly lit a petty bi*** fire in me to continue, lol!

Hopefully, the TESU transcript will be accepted! Otherwise, the BOG AAS is probably your best option for "validating" your credits as quickly as possible. It will likely take a couple of months but will probably be completed faster than you can finish your BALS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,486 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,791 03-28-2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,924 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 445 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 229 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 728 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,993 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 478 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 512 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy