Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickest diversity, Civic, and Ethics classes/tests to fulfill TESC degree?
I am missing a course from each of these three required fields. Can you guys share your advice on which tests are best to take here? Many thanks in advanceConfusedeeya:
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
For the diversity requirement I found intro to sociology to be easy. It's available as TECEP, CLEP, SL.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Diversity: Sociology is probably considered the easiest, SL, CLEP, TECEP

Civic: American Gov is the only test available, CLEP, SL

Ethics: Environmental Ethics TECEP, Business Ethics DSST or SL, Ethics in America DSST

If you're looking to get your degree from TESC and need TECEP's, I suggest taking those when available, especially if they're multiple choice.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESC just posted this for me:
Ethics (DEGREE REQUIREMENT) (Completed)
Src Course # Title S.H. Grd TESC # Notes
2.. PHI-287... Ethics in America........ 3.00 CR PHI-287 *NE

TESC does not use the KISS principle that EC and COSC does.

dfrecore Wrote:Diversity: Sociology is probably considered the easiest, SL, CLEP, TECEP

Ethics: Environmental Ethics TECEP, Business Ethics DSST or SL, Ethics in America DSST

If you're looking to get your degree from TESC and need TECEP's, I suggest taking those when available, especially if they're multiple choice.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

TESC posted these Sociology courses that I have but NONE counted as the Diversity requirement.banghead

1 SOC101 Intro to Sociology 3.00 C SOC-101 *TE
3 SOC213 Organiz Occupat 2.00 CR SOC-361 *TE
2 SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology 3.00 CR SOC-101 *RI*NE*DUP
2 SOC-216 Foundations of Gerontolog 3.00 CR SOC-216 *NE
2 SOC-318 World Populations 3.00 CR SOC-318 *NE

Cultural Diversity in the US (DEGREE REQUIREMENT) (Not Started)
_____________________________________________________________________ 3 credits

So far I am not impressed with TESC. Still waiting on COSC and EC academic evaluations.

dfrecore Wrote:Diversity: Sociology is probably considered the easiest, SL, CLEP, TECEP

Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Thanks a lot for this feedback all. I do not have any TECEP's yet. Are there many upper level TECEPS? I am already at 92 credits (with 10 TECEP's needed?).
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
The TECEPs can be used to satisfy the residency credit requirement for the pay per credit plan. The pay per credit plan requires 24 residency credits which can be satisfied with 7 or 8 TECEPs depending on if a capstone course is required to be completed at TESC. 7 TECEPs for BA, 8 TECEPs for BSBA. The TECEPs cost $111 per exam. The TECEPS do not have to fit in your degree plan, you can choose any TECEP you want, but it is recommended to choose ones that will satisfy degree requirements.

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
Be careful about your TESC ethics course. While it's clear that the DSST Business Ethics and Society TE's to Bus 302, it may not be counted as a Gen-Ed since Bus is not a Liberal Arts subject. Check with your advisor. The environmental Tecep ethics will work if you don't have an advisor yet to look at other options.
A TESC advisor told me that business ethics will satisfy the requirement, they consider it to be philosophy course. I think other students have used it.

JohnnyHeck Wrote:Be careful about your TESC ethics course. While it's clear that the DSST Business Ethics and Society TE's to Bus 302, it may not be counted as a Gen-Ed since Bus is not a Liberal Arts subject. Check with your advisor. The environmental Tecep ethics will work if you don't have an advisor yet to look at other options.

If you're a BSBA, they actually recommend that you take a Business Ethics course to satisfy the Ethics requirement (rather than just any Ethics course), but they will accept any Ethics course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,462 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,777 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,003 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM