Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickest way to complete the following courses?
Hey team, long time lurker, first time poster.

I am nearly finished with a BSBA in CIS at TESU. I have the following 10 courses left to complete, with a little bit of credit shifting weirdness (maybe the subject of another post). Anyone who has gone through this, can you please suggest the easiest path forward? For me currently, ease of completion > cost.
I'm looking for options like Study.com, Sophia, Saylor, etc, whichever is quickest/easiest.

Responsible Ethical Leadership
Principles of Statistics

Macroeconomics
Intro to marketing
Principles of finance
Business law
Strategic Management Capstone

Systems Analysis and Design (UL)
CIS-300/400
Elective

Free elective (I'm thinking Calculus because I want to learn it)

Any suggestions would be more than welcome! Thanks for all the work you guys do on this forum, it has been invaluable.

Ethics, Stats, Macro, Finance, and Law are are available on Sophia. Your free elective does it have restrictions like UL or LL? If not, grab another Sophia course. It's $79 a month and you can take as many classes as you can during that month.

I would suggest marketing from our host InstantCert but they're not on TESU's approved list. Can't hurt to ask though.

Capstone courses must be completed at TESU.
SDC has "Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design" (CIS-320 : System Analysis & Design I) as well as "Business 303: Management Information Systems" (CIS-301 : Management Information Systems) and Computer Science 303: Database Management (CIS-311 : Database Management).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply. Is Sophia generally easier than the others?
Principles of Finance and Statistics are more difficult Sophia classes but they are, generally, an easier way to get your credits.

InstantCert.com classes have been transferred to TESU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/InstantCert.com
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-22-2020, 03:17 PM)saltyseabastard Wrote: Hey team, long time lurker, first time poster.

I am nearly finished with a BSBA in CIS at TESU. I have the following 10 courses left to complete, with a little bit of credit shifting weirdness (maybe the subject of another post). Anyone who has gone through this, can you please suggest the easiest path forward? For me currently, ease of completion > cost.
I'm looking for options like Study.com, Sophia, Saylor, etc, whichever is quickest/easiest.

Principles of Statistics

Macroeconomics
Intro to marketing
Principles of finance
Business law

CIS-300/400
Elective

Free elective (I'm thinking Calculus because I want to learn it)

Any suggestions would be more than welcome! Thanks for all the work you guys do on this forum, it has been invaluable.

Principles of Statistics (Sophia)

Macroeconomics (sophia)
Intro to marketing (SDC)
Principles of finance (sophia)
Business law (sophia)

CIS-300/400
Elective

Free elective (I'm thinking Calculus because I want to learn it) (try for a sophia course)
Sophia is currently free if you sign up with code Sophia 2020 (free till March) Business law does have a touchstone but its a short essay. You can snag the sophia courses way before March.
In progress: TESU BSBA-Finance , TESU BSBA-GM, UNT-Biology Completed : Clep (3 credits ), Sophia (63 credits ), Study (39 credits) TESU (9 credits ) Heart Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 511 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Courses gams007 38 3,724 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: CanICode
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,732 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 567 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,273 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 585 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Does TESU ever accept Edx.org courses? Wayne195 1 741 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,307 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM