Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RA Courses that are Inexpensive ($400 or below)
I'm considering TESU. However, based on some recent posts bcoz I'm under 18 (& other issues I've to consider), I'll need 24 RA credits to transfer in to qualify for their waiver. I've got most of my GenEd classes done w/alternative credits (Sophia, SL, SDC, ALEKS), except I don't have any science w/lab & I've got to take one more Lang Arts/Eng class. Any recommendations for online learning that allows me (under 18 w/o a diploma/GED) to enroll for cheap? Preferably below $400/course. I found ASU, but would like more options too around $200 for out of state & online. Local community college is not an option for me anytime soon.

If u don't mind dropping me some links.

Thanks guys!

Conferred AUG 2023 - AAS BOG, Business AoE, Pierpoint Community & Technical College

118 total RA & Alt credits from ONU, ASU, ACE (Aleks, SDC, SL, Sophia)

Applied in JAN 2024 to UMPI for MAR 2024 term (pending) | BA in HIS & POL SCI
[-] The following 1 user Likes samiam's post:
  • warriortaupou
I think you have gotten TESU and COSC mixed up.

With TESU, you pay the waiver if you do not take classes with them specifically. You must take at least 16 TESU credits to not pay the waiver. TECEP tests do not count towards this. Transfering in RA credits does not remove the waiver requirement if you don't take 16 credits at TESU.

COSC only lets you bring in 90 ACE credits. These can only come from ALT credit sites with partner agreements: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php 24 credits can come from RA sources. Charter Oak does not have a waiver at all no matter how many credits you transfer in.

Tel Learning has credits for about $66/each or $200 per course. If you want to go with COSC, this could be a good option. https://www.tellearning.org/courses-on-demand/
FHSU has online courses for $217 per credit.
(09-21-2020, 05:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think you have gotten TESU and COSC mixed up.

With TESU, you pay the waiver if you do not take classes with them specifically. You must take at least 16 TESU credits to not pay the waiver. TECEP tests do not count towards this. Transfering in RA credits does not remove the waiver requirement if you don't take 16 credits at TESU.

COSC only lets you bring in 90 ACE credits. These can only come from ALT credit sites with partner agreements: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php 24 credits can come from RA sources. Charter Oak does not have a waiver at all no matter how many credits you transfer in.

Tel Learning has credits for about $66/each or $200 per course. If you want to go with COSC, this could be a good option. https://www.tellearning.org/courses-on-demand/

Rachel83az - you are actually mixing some things up: the OP is asking about a waiver to enroll, not the Residency Waiver.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • warriortaupou
It is hard to beat the tuition of the (out-of-state) NM CCs for RA credits - I have personal experience with Clovis CC (NM) so I can recommend them based on that for distance learning.

https://www.nmjc.edu
https://www.clovis.edu/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-21-2020, 04:57 PM)samiam Wrote: I'm considering TESU. However, based on some recent posts bcoz I'm under 18 (& other issues I've to consider), I'll need 24 RA credits to transfer in to qualify for their waiver. I've got most of my GenEd classes done w/alternative credits (Sophia, SL, SDC, ALEKS), except I don't have any science w/lab & I've got to take one more Lang Arts/Eng class. Any recommendations for online learning that allows me (under 18 w/o a diploma/GED) to enroll for cheap? Preferably below $400/course. I found ASU, but would like more options too around $200 for out of state & online. Local community college is not an option for me anytime soon.

If u don't mind dropping me some links.

Thanks guys!

TESU requires that you are at least 18 AND have a HS Diploma/GED.  There is no getting around that part.  The waiver you're asking about is on top of those 2 requirements.  A way around the 24cr of RA, if you're 18 and get a GED/HS Diploma, is to take the Accuplacer NexGen and score the required scores.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/undergrad-admissions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESU does not require a lab science for most degrees, so that's not an issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for inexpensive RA credits, since you're under 18, you could do Dual Enrollment through a number of schools: Grand Canyon University is $210/course, and they have rolling start dates.  Bluefield College is $300/course, but they only allow 2 courses per semester.  NMJC is $70/cr for out-of-state tuition, and they also have a Dual Credit program but I don't know how much it costs.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111
(09-21-2020, 06:21 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Rachel83az - you are actually mixing some things up: the OP is asking about a waiver to enroll, not the Residency Waiver.

Ah, okay! Well, I did provide a link to Tel Learning if OP wants to take advantage of that.
Going forward, ASU EA is $400(+$25) per class, which may seem like a lot compared to some options, but it's risk free since you only pay the $400 at the end of the class IF you pass, IF you like your grade, and IF you want to.

So if life gets in the way, the class is too hard, or you just don't want/need it anymore, you're only out $25 and haven't affected your GPA.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • rachel83az, warriortaupou
(09-21-2020, 06:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/undergrad-admissions

TESU does not require a lab science for most degrees, so that's not an issue.

As for inexpensive RA credits, since you're under 18, you could do Dual Enrollment through a number of schools: Grand Canyon University is $210/course, and they have rolling start dates.  Bluefield College is $300/course, but they only allow 2 courses per semester.  NMJC is $70/cr for out-of-state tuition, and they also have a Dual Credit program but I don't know how much it costs.

She probably did not explain herself well. She will have her final homeschool transcript and diploma by next year, which is accepted at almost all colleges and universities. I think she wants to be able to enroll without taking the Accuplacer and transfer in her credits for either the Associates or Bachelors program. After we read the replies to her last post or was it my post? it was recommended she gather 24 RA credits to ask for the exception, which she is interested in. @samiam you can chime in if I missed something.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,547 Today, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,533 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,553 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 404 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,908 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 267 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77