Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA Credits
I'm looking into TESU for a history degree as I don't think UMPI is the best choice for me. As far as needing to have 24 RA credits is this just so you don't have to take them at TESU? Sorry for the dumb question, I did try to look but I couldn't find where I saw the RA credit requirement on here.
(07-11-2022, 09:27 PM)MamaSparkles Wrote: I'm looking into TESU for a history degree as I don't think UMPI is the best choice for me. As far as needing to have 24 RA credits is this just so you don't have to take them at TESU? Sorry for the dumb question, I did try to look but I couldn't find where I saw the RA credit requirement on here.

You can do 16 credits at TESU if you do the flat-rate plan.

You can do TECEPs or do other cheap RA classes. TESU classes are expensive.

You can only bring in a max of 90 alt credits. So then you 30 RA credits. 
https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...fer-Credit
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@MamaSparkles, You should review this link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MamaSparkles
TESU limits you to 90 credits from alternate sources. Alternate sources are non-collegiate credits like Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com, Sophia, etc. You are still allowed to transfer in the full 114 credits, if you so choose, by using inexpensive credits from TECEPs (which don't count toward residency), ONU, TEL Learning, a local community college, etc.

However, it is usually cheaper and may even be easier to do a single flat-rate term of 16 credits at TESU. This would include the capstone, the cornerstone, PLA-100 (or the 1 credit Jane Austin course), and 3 easy courses or ePacks. The ePacks are nearly identical to TECEPs, except they are the same price as a normal course and ePacks DO count for residency.

By taking the 16 credits at TESU, you avoid the $3200 residency waiver fee.

While 16 credits at once sounds like a lot, there are some suggestions on which courses to take to make the processes as easy as possible: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...timization
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Arto, origamishuttle
You can either do a single 16cr term at TESU and bring in 15cr from other sources - ONU is probably your best option. Or you can bring in 24cr of RA from other sources (again, ONU) and then pay the Residency Waiver at TESU for only taking 6cr there.

If you already have some credits from an RA college (many people do), then it's worth telling us so we can tell you if they'll be accepted, and where they'll fit.

Another reason to use ONU for at least a few courses for your history degree:
HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics - comes in as UL History, and counts as your Non-Western History requirement
HIS 210 - Western Civilization - comes in as HIS-101, which is required
ENG 300 - Thematic Studies in Literature comes in as UL LIT course (Humanities elective)
THE 300 - Faith and Contemporary Issues comes in as UL REL course (Humanities elective)
THE 310 - Christianity and Culture comes in as UL REL course (Humanities elective)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Arto, MamaSparkles
(07-12-2022, 01:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU limits you to 90 credits from alternate sources. Alternate sources are non-collegiate credits like Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com, Sophia, etc. You are still allowed to transfer in the full 114 credits, if you so choose, by using inexpensive credits from TECEPs (which don't count toward residency), ONU, TEL Learning, a local community college, etc.

However, it is usually cheaper and may even be easier to do a single flat-rate term of 16 credits at TESU. This would include the capstone, the cornerstone, PLA-100 (or the 1 credit Jane Austin course), and 3 easy courses or ePacks. The ePacks are nearly identical to TECEPs, except they are the same price as a normal course and ePacks DO count for residency.

While 16 credits at once sounds like a lot, there are some suggestions on which courses to take to make the processes as easy as possible: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...timization

I see you are working on the same degrees at TESU that my son is just starting to work towards.  If the intention is to graduate all of the double degrees at the same time (BSBA CIS and BA CS) does each distinct degree need 30 RA credits, or can you have 30 shared between them?
(11-16-2022, 01:45 AM)Juju7 Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 01:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU limits you to 90 credits from alternate sources. Alternate sources are non-collegiate credits like Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com, Sophia, etc. You are still allowed to transfer in the full 114 credits, if you so choose, by using inexpensive credits from TECEPs (which don't count toward residency), ONU, TEL Learning, a local community college, etc.

I see you are working on the same degrees at TESU that my son is just starting to work towards.  If the intention is to graduate all of the double degrees at the same time (BSBA CIS and BA CS) does each distinct degree need 30 RA credits, or can you have 30 shared between them?
The RA credits are shared between them.
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Personherebb9's post:
  • Juju7
As long as they're gen ed credits or fit in the electives, they're shared. The BSBA has 6 credits of electives, while the BA CS has 30.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Juju7
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, if RA Calculus is in the BA CS AOS, can I plug it into the BSBA elective spot? Doesn’t BSBA have 15 electives, or am I not understanding something properly. Appreciate the help!
(11-16-2022, 10:30 AM)Juju7 Wrote: Thanks for the reply.  Just to clarify, if RA Calculus is in the BA CS AOS, can I plug it into the BSBA elective spot?  Doesn’t BSBA have 15 electives, or am I not understanding something properly.  Appreciate the help!

You're right, my mistake. I got the free electives and the AOS electives mixed up. Yes, if you do RA calculus, it can go into the BSBA free electives.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Juju7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 470 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 496 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 791 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 492 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 322 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic
  Is there a grade requirement to transfer credits? kowenboy 2 346 09-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore