Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA credits self paced online like Sophia platform?
I have checked around this site. Many recommendations indeed but I know it all depends on each learner. Could anyone suggest the easy math and science RA college credits that could generate a transcript for cheap that can be completed at your own pace/competency based 100% online? I just can’t handle a long semester. Perhaps earning one 12 credits quicker? 
ASU just seems a lot for me. I try to avoid as much RPNow due to the long delays.
You can try some of the exams at CSU Global. Any of the independent study/correspondence courses from University of Idaho, BYU, Adams State, CSU Pueblo, and Arkansas State would qualify as learn at your own pace, but I think they all require proctors now.

I would be surprised if there was RA at your own pace credit that did not have a proctoring requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(06-23-2020, 05:52 PM)Edriveless Wrote: I have checked around this site. Many recommendations indeed but I know it all depends on each learner. Could anyone suggest the easy math and science RA college credits that could generate a transcript for cheap that can be completed at your own pace/competency based 100% online? I just can’t handle a long semester. Perhaps earning one 12 credits quicker? 
ASU just seems a lot for me. I try to avoid as much RPNow due to the long delays.

If you need RA credits on an official transcript the only way to get that is from an RA college or university. The best you can usually find are ACE or NCCRS credit providers like Sophia, Straighterline, and Study.com. Those don't provide an RA transcript since they are not colleges, but many RA schools will accept them. Those providers are all self-paced so you can take as long or short as you need to complete their courses.

I don't like to use the term easy to describe classes. As you mentioned above, "easy" depends on the learner. It comes down to what you already know, how quickly you can pick up new things, and how much free time you have to study. So what I find easy may be hard for you, or vice versa.

As far as less challenging math and science courses go, you'll want to look for lower-division introductory courses. But you should probably first look at the degree you're interested in and see what the requirements are. At TESU, for some degrees you only need a Business Math course and you can use CSM Learn to meet that requirement, others might require College Algebra and/or Calculus. If you just need a natural science course, technically you can pass that with a computer science course at TESU. I would recommend that you seek out a science course that is interesting to you--perhaps astronomy or environmental science. If you need a science with a lab, you're probably looking at something ike chemistry or biology
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
There are a LOT of acronyms used here. Many I can Google, but some I can't. What is ACE?
(08-29-2020, 08:11 PM)Heybiff Wrote: There are a LOT of acronyms used here. Many I can Google, but some I  can't. What is ACE?

ACE = American Council of education

But in this forum when people talk about ACE they are talking about ACE Credits.

ACE credits are the soul of the quest of an online degree.

These credits are evaulated by ACE and some universities just accept them, but not necessarily a university has to offer them; most of the institutions that offer courses approved under ACE credits system are the "providers", those like study.com, saylor, sophia, etc...

With this system you can get a 3-credits course that usually universities offer for $1200 to 2000$, for about 100$, 25$ in the case of saylor, and with sophia as much courses you can complete in a month for about 89$
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • samiam
(08-29-2020, 08:54 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: These credits are evaulated by ACE and some universities just accept them, but not necessarily a university has to offer them; most of the institutions that offer courses approved under ACE credits system are the "providers", those like study.com, saylor, sophia, etc...

I think over 90% of B&M universities won't accept ACE credits unless it's from military training.
I've talked to many universities' admission officials. So about 1 out of 12 universities in US accept ACE credits.
(06-23-2020, 05:52 PM)Edriveless Wrote: I have checked around this site. Many recommendations indeed but I know it all depends on each learner. Could anyone suggest the easy math and science RA college credits that could generate a transcript for cheap that can be completed at your own pace/competency based 100% online? I just can’t handle a long semester. Perhaps earning one 12 credits quicker? 

You might look into the BYU and U if Idaho. They have self paced courses. I want to say they're around $600 a course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • samiam
TECEPs might be a good option for this, if you haven't checked
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

CSU Pueblo Independent Study is another provider that has self paced classes and a few degrees you can earn through them.  My son took 2 classes from them that were self paced, ENG 130 and PSY 205.

I think they are currently $205 per credit hour.
https://www.csupueblo.edu/extended-studi...index.html
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • samiam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 260 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,142 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 206 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,605 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 367 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn