Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ALERT! TESU & Sophia Problem?
(03-24-2020, 09:03 PM)DeterminedDad Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 05:54 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Could it be possible that some are expiring soon and they need to update ACE? For example, for US History I, the ACE transcript is until 04/30/20, which is ~30 days from now.

Does this mean that if we pass US History I before 04/30/20 that we can still transfer it as ACE credit after the expiration date (assuming they don't renew it)?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, if you pass US History and add it into ACE before the expiration date, it's good to go at TESU or whoever accepts ACE credits... Keep on working on these courses as I don't think it will go "kaput". Everybooty - Stay Calm and Complete your courses.

Oh DeterminedDad, BTW, this will work for a BALS or BSBA, which one have you decided and how many courses do you have left? Did you make yourself a spreadsheet?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • DeterminedDad, SCYankee
(03-24-2020, 09:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh DeterminedDad, BTW, this will work for a BALS or BSBA, which one have you decided and how many courses do you have left?  Did you make yourself a spreadsheet?

bjcheung77, thank you for the answer. I appreciate it! I've learned a lot from reading your posts. Thank you for helping people like me!

I postponed my studies due to family responsibilities, so I never moved past planning for the BALS or BSBA. However, I'm back and more determined than ever. I've decided to work on the BSCS degree at WGU (since I have many years of experience and interest in this area). Thanks again!
TESU is currently working on the equivalencies for Sophia - I'd take as many of their courses as possible, even without a guarantee.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Has anyone heard any more about this?
(03-27-2020, 10:54 AM)Sunshine7612 Wrote: Has anyone heard any more about this?

since yesterday ?
no

but the courses are free 
so take them

I think what's happening is they're going through some re-evaluations/partnership changes, I think they made it to the Approved Provider Directory List and so they severed the partnership as they wouldn't need one. I also agree with the post above and below yours.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2020, 11:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

I think what's happening is they're going through some re-evaluations/partnership changes, I think they made it to the Approved Provider Directory List and so they severed the partnership as they wouldn't need one.  I also agree with the post above and below yours.

Just checked and they are not on the Approved Provider List - but maybe they're trying to get on there?  https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory

No idea, I'd probably wait to see what happens with that.  BUT, I'd still take a bunch of free Sophia courses, worst that happens is you test out of some things later, or that you switch schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-27-2020, 02:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 11:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

I think what's happening is they're going through some re-evaluations/partnership changes, I think they made it to the Approved Provider Directory List and so they severed the partnership as they wouldn't need one.  I also agree with the post above and below yours.

Just checked and they are not on the Approved Provider List - but maybe they're trying to get on there?  https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory

No idea, I'd probably wait to see what happens with that.  BUT, I'd still take a bunch of free Sophia courses, worst that happens is you test out of some things later, or that you switch schools.
Yup. Doesn't hurt to take free classes because if a person needs to retake it, it will be much easier. Pre-knowledge is powerful.
(03-24-2020, 04:41 PM)SCYankee Wrote: I hope this isn't one of those situations where I regret not having jumped before my chance disappeared. Namely, I was accepted to TESU, but haven't enrolled yet as I didn't want to be tied into TECEPS to stay in.

And if they sever an agreement, all my lovely Sophia courses will be flushed...  Cry 

I'm gonna stay strong until I hear different, but my sleep will suffer.

Hello from Sophia!  Our courses will continue to be accepted and transferable to TESU as before.  Transferability has not changed.  

However, the process is a bit different.  Instead of the partner page (tesu.sophia.org), please create your account on http://www.sophia.org.  During this time of crisis, all courses are free until July 31, 2020.  We hope this helps keep the pathway to your degree on track.

Go forth and prosper!
[-] The following 10 users Like SophiaLearning's post:
  • alab21, harrypotter, ldmoose, P226mem, samiam, scorpion, SCYankee, shadowgem, Toastmaster, TwinMom
(03-30-2020, 09:29 AM)SophiaLearning Wrote: Hello from Sophia!  Our courses will continue to be accepted and transferable to TESU as before.  Transferability has not changed.  

However, the process is a bit different.  Instead of the partner page (tesu.sophia.org), please create your account on http://www.sophia.org.  During this time of crisis, all courses are free until July 31, 2020.  We hope this helps keep the pathway to your degree on track.

Go forth and prosper!

Thank you very much for this reassuring message. And of course the current offer.
[-] The following 2 users Like lacussucceed's post:
  • SophiaLearning, Toastmaster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 257 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch