Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters
I was able to use a lot of the feedback from this forum and reddit to make my decision on that feedback. Now that i just completed the program i can offer some recent feedback for those who want to do the MSML l, if you did well with the capstone you will do well here.
First i have over 10years of business experience both as my own business and corporate experience at a major insurance company. This experience specificly the corporate experience is why i was able to accelerate.
The way to attack the msml is as 8 different capstones. Managing human capital and business acumen are one and done classes. Schedule the test pass the test and you get 3cus each. I didnt study for either, took the practice test passed then passed the real test. 
The program is 31CUs - (10 classes)If you have a bsba from a big 3, even if you did used ace credits you will be setup very well. Personally i did my bsba through cosc.
The best way to attack this masters is 8 seperate capstones. Its a LOT of writing. The capstone took me around 2 weeks. 18pages of annotated bibliography, 21 pages for the actual paper and a 30slide powerpoint 
The time frame on this program was was months of heavy work, i did nothing in december and then put pedal to the metal january and february so 4 months total. 

In addition to the 2 tests you are looking at 12 different papers which will be 10pages ore more before you reach the capstone. Also one powerpoint presentation. And an additional test. The writing is long tedius but not difficult. They present the questions in a way where you can reach these page lengths. I litterally copy the questions into my paper and treat each qhestion like its own essay. 
Youll have one team project which was pretty easy. There were no "hard classes" but the most tedious was ethical leadership. \

I received the break of a lifetime for my leading teams group, since one of the people iwas randomly matched with was an old friend from years ago, the two of us carried the project and we passed in a week.

If anyone has questions please let me know
[-] The following 3 users Like Clepking100's post:
  • collegechick, jch, ROYISAGIRL
(02-27-2021, 10:49 AM)Clepking100 Wrote: I was able to use a lot of the feedback from this forum and reddit to make my decision on that feedback. Now that i just completed the program i can offer some recent feedback for those who want to do the MSML l, if you did well with the capstone you will do well here.
First i have over 10years of business experience both as my own business and corporate experience at a major insurance company. This experience specificly the corporate experience is why i was able to accelerate.
The way to attack the msml is as 8 different capstones. Managing human capital and business acumen are one and done classes. Schedule the test pass the test and you get 3cus each. I didnt study for either, took the practice test passed then passed the real test. 
The program is 31CUs - (10 classes)If you have a bsba from a big 3, even if you did used ace credits you will be setup very well. Personally i did my bsba through cosc.
The best way to attack this masters is 8 seperate capstones. Its a LOT of writing. The capstone took me around 2 weeks. 18pages of annotated bibliography, 21 pages for the actual paper and a 30slide powerpoint 
The time frame on this program was was months of heavy work, i did nothing in december and then put pedal to the metal january and february so 4 months total. 

In addition to the 2 tests you are looking at 12 different papers which will be 10pages ore more before you reach the capstone. Also one powerpoint presentation. And an additional test. The writing is long tedius but not difficult. They present the questions in a way where you can reach these page lengths. I litterally copy the questions into my paper and treat each qhestion like its own essay. 
Youll have one team project which was pretty easy. There were no "hard classes" but the most tedious was ethical leadership. \

I received the break of a lifetime for my leading teams group, since one of the people iwas randomly matched with was an old friend from years ago, the two of us carried the project and we passed in a week.

If anyone has questions please let me know
Interesting. I thought team projects were eliminated last year.
Nope, leading teams C205 - but honestly the team project is a joke. Most of it is solo work anyhow
(02-27-2021, 02:33 PM)Clepking100 Wrote: Nope, leading teams C205 - but honestly the team project is a joke. Most of it is solo work anyhow

What I heard was that the capstone is no longer a team project. Is that accurate?
Yes the CAPSTONE is no longer a team project.

Also on the capstone you no longer need to work with a specific company, you can use a hypothetical company
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepking100's post:
  • eLearner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 270 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 492 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 264 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,095 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,973 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,620 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 520 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,590 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,134 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 6 1,274 01-31-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: muca3