Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend 2 UL SDC Courses?
Can anyone recommend any UL Study.com courses for BALS? 

I have already completed the UL Vietnam, Sociology and Criminal Justice courses. 

I was considering the Holocaust course, but it looks like there are almost no videos in the course. Kind of lazy to read through every lesson.
The Civil War course looks super long. 

I was considering Business 313: Organizational Communication.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
That's a workable UL course. Another set of courses you may want to take a look at are the UL Psychology courses.
It'll be similar to the Sociology of Work course you have taken already. The other suggestion is to take a look at more Business courses that come in as UL and can be used in the BALS, such as the BUS 303 MIS course. It's the easiest of the UL computer courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just did the Bus 313 and it was a pretty straightforward, common sense class.  And it only has one assignment!  I also just started the Eng 305 class.  It too has just one assignment and so far, it also seems to be pretty easy to understand.  

I need to write my last essay so I can officially finish the UL Vietnam class.  I've lost all motivation!  Dodgy
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 1 user Likes TexasTink's post:
  • Muldoon
(11-15-2018, 04:48 PM)TexasTink Wrote: I just did the Bus 313 and it was a pretty straightforward, common sense class.  And it only has one assignment!  I also just started the Eng 305 class.  It too has just one assignment and so far, it also seems to be pretty easy to understand.  

I need to write my last essay so I can officially finish the UL Vietnam class.  I've lost all motivation!  Dodgy

Thanks, I think I will start 313. I don't think I want to do another English class, comp 1 and 2 were enough for me.
Credits:
(11-15-2018, 09:06 PM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:48 PM)TexasTink Wrote: I just did the Bus 313 and it was a pretty straightforward, common sense class.  And it only has one assignment!  I also just started the Eng 305 class.  It too has just one assignment and so far, it also seems to be pretty easy to understand.  

Thanks, I think I will start 313. I don't think I want to do another English class, comp 1 and 2 were enough for me.

Did you take Comp 1 and 2 through Study.com? I have been dreading them. I tried Comp 1 through Straighterline and I was so sick of it that i just dropped it and exchanged it for another class. I wonder if SDC is better/less tedious.

(11-16-2018, 12:47 AM)Mab81 Wrote:

Did you take Comp 1 and 2 through Study.com? I have been dreading them. I tried Comp 1 through Straighterline and I was so sick of it that i just dropped it and exchanged it for another class. I wonder if SDC is better/less tedious.

All English Comp courses are a bit tedious. I took Comp I via StraighterLine and Comp II via Study.com and I can attest that they're not really that much different. The key difference is that with SDC you trade extra quizzes for fewer written assignments. It's just a matter of perspective.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cookderosa
(11-16-2018, 12:47 AM)Mab81 Wrote:

I did them both through SL, 1 was ok, but 2 definitely has a lot of writing.
Credits:
I took both English Comp 1 & 2 through Study.com and they were fine. I started English Comp 1 at Straighterline but I just don't like the format there

Back when I took it, once you passed a passing grade they didn't require any more essays so for instance if it "requires" 3 and you pass with just 1 essay and the quizzes you get to skip the other 2 essays. Not sure if it's still like that but that was a relief.

Tbh though, there is so much writing in TESU courses that you might as well just get used to it now. Most of the TESU stuff I've taken requires an essay a week and then a final paper so eventually you have to learn to hammer it out.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(11-16-2018, 09:21 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: [...]
Tbh though, there is so much writing in TESU courses that you might as well just get used to it now. Most of the TESU stuff I've taken requires an essay a week and then a final paper so eventually you have to learn to hammer it out.

I agree. I tried to avoid courses with extra writing assignments but considering that UL courses require so much writing (doubly so now that I'm working on the capstone) that I would have been better served by doing MORE writing assignments to improve my academic writing skills.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Just finished all the quizzes for Business 313: Organizational Communication.

I definitely recommend this course so far, based on the length and the fact that a lot of it is common sense.
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,324 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,510 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,843 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,041 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 701 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat