Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended advisor?
Lightbulb 
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has good experience with one of the advisors at TESU and would recommend them? I gather that some advisors are best at helping with transferring courses than others.

Thanks for your time.

Mike
They are all about the same. I have no preference for anybody there. You only need an advisor for the AOS just to make sure those courses would hit the requirements or to make adjustments. Most of the info can be found here on the board or on their catalog and website.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You usually don't have a choice of advisors. They told me it is just whoever answers the phone or email. That said, we happened to start with Don Stolz. He seems to really know things, and he seems to be someone important because I have read other things about him on the website. He is all business and serious, and he knowswhat he is doing. I have spoken with others and gotten wrong info, but Don Stoltz is really good as far as courses that work/don't work for programs. The very best resource of all is really here though!! This site and these people are wonderful

We send emails addressed to him now, and he usually is the one to answer us back.
Thanks everyone. When you schedule a call with an advisor, there are a list of advisors you can select. Don Stolz is on the list to select so I'll go with the recommendation. Thanks again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mweichert's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-02-2021, 05:39 AM)mweichert Wrote: Thanks everyone. When you schedule a call with an advisor, there are a list of advisors you can select. Don Stolz is on the list to select so I'll go with the recommendation. Thanks again!

You can call the express line too.  That is usually what I do since most of my issues take no longer than 15 minutes.  I believe they are open 11am-1pm (EST).  

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/ma...ppointment

"Students can call the Advising Expressline at (609) 777-5680, (Mon.–Fri. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.), to reach an Academic Advisor quickly without the need for a formal appointment.
The Advising Expressline is best suited for questions that typically take less than 10 minutes and do not include area of study inquiries, such as:

• Assistance interpreting their academic evaluation

• Review of general education requirements and course options

• Free elective options"
In my experience, the express line is usually pretty quick.  You can also email TESU at academicadvising@tesu.edu

I just wanted to make you aware of other options in case you thought advising was appointment only.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for BACS advisor? poisonedapple 7 660 04-16-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  My advisor keeps telling me that I have to take SOS-110 even as a 2nd degree student frankc 11 1,070 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU Advisor Telling me Wrong Information? Captainrekt000 14 1,414 11-06-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any Recommended (Ace) Lower level Finance Area of Study classes? SamTrulli 3 675 10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Recommended number of courses manmanthegr8 7 1,046 02-18-2021, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Recommended Courses for TESU BALS sofinel 16 3,348 03-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: sofinel