Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Intro to Human Services Retiring Dec 2013
More precisely: The TECEP HUS-101-TE Introduction to Human Services is being retired. The last day a student can possibly take this test is the last day of Thomas Edison State College's October 2013 term. The last day of TESC's October 2013 term is December 22, 2013.

The last day for regular registration to take a TECEP, or course, in the October 2013 term is September 14, 2013. The last day for late registration is September 19, 2013. Undergraduate Academic Calendar.

TESC Wrote:This test is an overview of the human services field. Topics include: the helping relationship, the helping skills, counseling theories, social systems, current social issues, intervention strategies, organization and delivery of services, and the history of human services as they apply to various fields of practice.
TECEP: HUS-101-TE Introduction to Human Services.

Introduction to Human Services is a natural subject for people interested in psychology, sociology, health care, and education. There's no CLEP, DSST, or other obvious widely available, very low-cost option for credit in an introduction to human services. There would be some common ground with the DSST in Fundamentals of Counseling, but the two are distinct. Students report TESC transcripting Fundamentals of Counseling as either COU-262 or PSY-331.

To take a TECEP, students not matriculated with TESC register with the college as a non-matriculated student. There is no fee for this; there is a short registration process. Students are assigned a student ID and can then register to test.

TECEPs are pencil and paper tests. Introduction to Human Services is multiple-choice; some other TECEPs are written-response, some combine both. The current fee from TESC for a 3 semester hour TECEP is $99. TECEPs can be completed at TESC in Trenton, NJ or with an approved proctor to which TESC will mail the test. Approved proctors are are generally colleges, universities, or public libraries. Your proctor may additionally charge its own fee, often around $20.

Success in Introduction to Human Services results in a pass (grade of CR, for credit) and 3 semester hours transcripted by TESC. If you'll be sending the credit to another college subject to their approval, a fee will be required for the TESC transcript. This is currently $10. One transcript will cover everything you have transcripted from TESC. All TECEP Tests.
I wonder when they're premiering the new TECEPs based on Saylor courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I wonder when they're premiering the new TECEPs based on Saylor courses.

Hmm? When did they announce this?
College and Saylor Foundation Collaborate on Creating Flexible Pathways to Earn College Credit Via Open Online Courses and Assessments
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'm so thankful to have passed the Intro. to Human Services TECEP. I was really worried whether or not I had studied enough. I just received my credits for it a week or two ago since I had taken it on the 13th of December (2013).

However, I can't help but wonder if I had not passed the test would I have been able to pay again and retest though they just discontinued the tecep exam?
Aleks-
Intermediate Algebra
Statistics
College Algebra
Pre-Calculus

Clep-
Intro. to Sociology (55)
Analyzing & Interpret. Lit. (54)

Fema- (15 crds.)

TECEPs-
Psychology of Women (Crd.)
Into. to Human Services (Crd.)
Marriage and Family (Crd.)

Penn Foster-
Principles of Management
Technical Writing

Straighterline-
Cultural Anthropology
Western Civilization 1
Environmental Science
Intro. to Criminal Justice
Intro. to Religion
Intro. to Communication

B.A. Psychology (I'm Done!!)
Arnold Fletcher Award

A.S. Business Administration (Current)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knowledge of Human Culture Giantzebra 7 1,790 08-21-2018, 10:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,756 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,996 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,812 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,560 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,718 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,202 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito