Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regionally accredited college accepting online credit transfer
Hi Merlin,

Thanks a lot! Are you sure the TECEP will not give me an official transcript showing my study.com credits? Sad Do I have to pay the residency waiver $2500 for the credit banking service? The representives at TESU are not very helpful.

If I can't get an official transcript from a RA schoold for my study.com credits, I just wasted a lot of money on this.Sad

Scarlett
If you took courses on study.com the residency waiver fee is discounted to $2200.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(01-02-2019, 08:41 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: If you took courses on study.com the residency waiver fee is discounted to $2200.

Hi armstrongsubero,

Thanks for your reply! Is that the only way I can get an official transcript from a RA college? I don't need a degree, just a transcript, like the MA CPA License person said"If you take courses that are transferred into a four year school and they are listed and earned credit on the US regionally/nationally accredited school transcript then they should be acceptable."

Scarlett
I don’t think any accredited university will choose to ‘lend its name’ for a transcript with courses taken outside the university, and charge you nothing. But I thought of something. If you have taken 15 courses on SDC, that will amount to 45 credits. An Associates degree is a 60-credit course. You could check with TESU if these courses can be applied towards an Associates degree in some field. You will only need 15 credits more (5 more courses). If this plan sounds ok for you, and if you are able to spend a little more money, why not aim for an Associates degree itself and get a proper TESU transcript?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
As others have mentioned credit banking is the best choice for you if you dont want a degree.

I think COSC credit registry is created just for individuals like you:

https://www.charteroak.edu/credit-registry/
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(01-02-2019, 09:08 PM)Supermind Wrote: I don’t think any accredited university will choose to ‘lend its name’ for a transcript with courses taken outside the university, and charge you nothing. But I thought of something. If you have taken 15 courses on SDC, that will amount to 45 credits. An Associates degree is a 60-credit course. You could check with TESU if these courses can be applied towards an Associates degree in some field. You will only need 15 credits more (5 more courses). If this plan sounds ok for you, and if you are able to spend a little more money, why not aim for an Associates degree itself and get a proper TESU transcript?
Thanks a lot! That way I still need to pay the residency waiver $2500 and tuition fees for other 5 courses to get an official transcript, right? That's a lot of money too. Is TESU the cheapest way to get a RA transcript? I never thought it would be this expensive. Confused
(01-02-2019, 09:32 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: As others have mentioned credit banking is the best choice for you if you dont want a degree.

Thanks so much !!! I will do some more research. Thanks again for your help!!

Scarlett
I think an AA at COSC is much cheaper than an AA at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
FYI I merged the two threads together since they are basically the same topic and same OP.

(01-02-2019, 09:39 PM)scarlett5477 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 09:32 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: As others have mentioned credit banking is the best choice for you if you dont want a degree.

Thanks so much !!! I will do some more research. Thanks again for your help!!

Scarlett

Check out the TESU and Excelsior versions as well. They all basically operate the same way, but pricing and other benefits may suggest one is better than the others depending on your needs.

If you are still interested in pursuing the TECEP on Federal Taxation it may be better for you to use the TESU version to make things more straightforward.

(01-02-2019, 08:20 PM)scarlett5477 Wrote: Thanks a lot! Are you sure the TECEP will not give me an official transcript showing my study.com credits? Sad  Do I have to pay the residency waiver $2500 for the credit banking service? The representives at TESU are not very helpful.

If I can't get an official transcript from a RA schoold for my study.com credits, I just wasted a lot of money on this.Sad

The TECEP will give you an official transcript showing the TECEP has been taken at TESU. Your Study.com credits will not show, or if they do, they will show as transfer credits, not part of the official TESU transcript.

No, you don't have to pay a residency waiver fee if you're a non-degree seeking student. Even for those seeing a degree, you only pay that at graduation time.

As mentioned, the credit bank option sounds like what you're asking for. I'm not sure if it will work for what you need but its the closest thing. It depends on how much of a stickler they are for the credits being issued by an RA school vs. appearing on a transcript issued by an RA school. In either case, the transcript will also show where all credits were issued. No legit college will represent courses taken at Study.com as coming from them. That would probably be a violation of their accreditation at the worst and unethical at best.

Also keep in mind that Study.com is not an accredited college or academic institution. Their credits are only recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) as being equivalent to college-level credits. Some colleges, like TESU/COSC/Excelsior/WGU/etc., accept the ACE recommendations and allow such coursework to be used to substitute for their own college courses to support a degree from their school. But the Study.com courses are not college courses and are not creditworthy on their own.

So if the certification requires RA credits, you must get them from an RA school – alternatives like Study.com or Straighterline or CLEP will probably not work. If they say they will accept non-accredited coursework on a transcript from an RA school, then the credit bank transcript may work. However, you may need to verify to make sure they understand what you're asking them to accept if you go with the credit banking transcript.

When you complete a degree, the college validates/guarantees that the credits you used meet the requirements of their degree as part of the final degree audit. All credits used towards the degree will appear on your final official transcript. Looking back at your older posts, this sounds like the path that your contact at the MA Accountancy exam suggested. However, I don't know if this needs to be a 4-year degree, so an AA may not work. It also sounds like they require specific courses, so hopefully you accounted for that. Either way, if someone were to look, the final degree transcript will still show where all credits were originally issued, but that may not matter for your purposes.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks sooooo much!!! I just wish people at MA CPA board or TESU could be this helpful. They never gave me a direct answer no matter how many times and in how many ways I asked. Dodgy  I was trying to fulfill the course requirements by taking specific ones on study.com . 

NASBA says"Course Requirements

• Associate degree/junior college courses will be accepted only if transferred into a four-year bachelor’s degree program.

• Online courses, AP and pass/fail grades are acceptable when you receive credit for the courses at a regionally accredited college or university. These courses must appear on an official transcript.

• CLEP credit will qualify toward the 150 semester hour rule when reflected on the transcript of a regionally accredited college or university.

• Correspondence courses and/or commercial review courses are not acceptable.

• CPA Review courses are acceptable if credits are awarded by a regionally accredited college or university.

• Internships in accounting subjects are accepted to meet accounting course electives; they cannot be accepted toward specific subject requirements.

• Personal finance is not an acceptable course to meet the finance course requirement."
MA Liaison says"If you take courses that are transferred into a four year school and they are listed and earned credit on the US regionally/nationally accredited school transcript then they should be acceptable.""Just the official transcript is fine you do not have to earn a degree from that school.""If the transfer courses are study abroad then yes they are fine but if the school you are earning the CLEP credit from has an official transcript the school will need to submit it." "As long as it is a course that does not duplicate anything already taken, credit is being earned on a regionally/nationally accredited schools transcript then it should be fine."

Do you think a credit banking will work? I will keep asking them and hope they can give me an answer.

I really appreciate your kind help!! You guys are the most kind-hearted and willing to help people I have met.

Scarlett

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 523 04-17-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,500 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 261 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,356 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 315 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 743 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,752 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 400 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader