Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regionally accredited college accepting online credit transfer
I want to throw in an additional thought. Double check that non-graded credit will work for your 150. I don't know about MA, but we have had others here post in the past that they weren't able to use CLEP, Studycom, etc. because the credits were pass/fail.
(06-02-2018, 10:46 AM)davewill Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 10:55 PM)sanantone Wrote: There are actually at least a couple of hundred colleges and universities that will accept Straighterline and Study.com credits. TESU and Excelsior are unique in that they charge an enrollment fee. COSC got rid of its enrollment fee and charges a semester fee that's significantly more than what you would find at most other schools. Colleges and universities, normally, do not charge you thousands of dollars just to become a student. The Big 3 do this because they let you transfer in 114-120 credits. 

Excelsior and TESU do make it easier for you to be considered an enrolled student and receive a transcript. All you have to do is pay the enrollment fee. At TESU, you can also take a TECEP to be considered enrolled. Just about every other school requires that you earn at least one credit from them before you can get a transcript. You can't just apply, have your transfer credits accepted, and get a transcript without ever being a student.

Excelsior, TESU, and COSC do have credit banks, but you'd be better off just passing a TECEP so that you can get a regular, TESU transcript.

The Big3 do not "charge thousands of dollars just to become a student". I'm not sure where that came from. You can graduate from all of them for far less than other schools charge. TESU does let you choose to pay a residency fee if you don't want to take a minimum number of courses, but that's better than most schools that insist you take a minimum number of courses with no other option.

Excelsior charges a large enrollment fee unless you decide to take a minimum number of their expensive courses. TESU requires a residency waiver or that you pay thousands to meet a residency requirement. Regardless, you can't just send them your transcripts and expect to get one of their transcripts in return. You need to establish yourself as a student or pay for a credit bank. You can pass a TECEP at TESU, but Excelsior is going to require an enrollment fee or enrollment in one of their courses, and COSC requires enrollment in one of their courses plus payment of a semester fee. You can't just become a student by applying.

You can save money to GRADUATE by transferring in almost all of your credits, but the OP just wants a transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I think you are completely misrepresenting the situation. How is that different from every other school that requires at least 30 units, which cost just as much and often much more? At least TESU gives you a choice. Also if they just want a transcript, then they can just pay the $300 credit banking fee. Not "thousands of dollars".
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Sapientes
(06-02-2018, 02:34 PM)davewill Wrote: I think you are completely misrepresenting the situation. How is that different from every other school that requires at least 30 units, which cost just as much and often much more? At least TESU gives you a choice. Also if they just want a transcript, then they can just pay the $300 credit banking fee. Not "thousands of dollars".

I think this has gotten away from what the OP is asking about.  First, she needs to put SL or Study.com credits on an RA school transcript.  It is cheaper to enroll at TESU to do this, because it's only $117 for a TECEP and then you're consider enrolled, and can get a transcript.

BUT, is she wanting to "launder" credits through TESU (or anywhere) in the hopes that MA Board of Accountancy won't see that the credits are from a source other than TESU?  If so, that won't work, as TESU will show that the credits were transferred in from Study.com and SL.

If the Board is fine with it, and just wants ANY credits on a transcript, then TESU is an easy one.  If they want RA credits on an RA transcript, then she will need to find another way to do this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-02-2018, 11:06 AM)cookderosa Wrote: I want to throw in an additional thought.  Double check that non-graded credit will work for your 150.  I don't know about MA, but we have had others here post in the past that they weren't able to use CLEP, Studycom, etc. because the credits were pass/fail.

Thank you ! I already have 150 credits and also passed the CPA exams and work for a CPA firm. Right now I just need to fulfill the education requirements for accounting and business courses(I am not accounting major) from MA Board of Accountancy's so that I can get licensed.

Here is their requirements for online courses:

• Online courses, AP and pass/fail grades are acceptable when you receive credit for the courses at a regionally accredited college or university. These courses must appear on an official transcript.
So I am good? Getting credits from Study.com and transfer the credits to a regionally accredited school and get transcripts.

Can anyone help me with the requirement from MA Board of Accountancy "Online courses, AP and pass/fail grades are acceptable when you receive credit for the courses at a regionally accredited college or university. These courses must appear on an official transcript."? Thanks a lot!
By my reading, putting them on a TESU transcript should do the job, then. You can either apply ($75) and take a $114 TECEP to become an enrolled student, or pay the $300 fee for an individual learning account.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Have a look at this:

https://nasba.org/exams/cpaexam/massachusetts/

"Transcripts
If you have completed all educational requirements at the time of application:
You must submit an official transcript from each school you attended. Transfer credits are not acceptable; you must submit a transcript from each institution."

EDIT: That leaves open the question of whether ACE/NCCRS-approved credits would be approved, but it does seem to cover credit from the CSU Global exams or the UNA courses. Depending on the number of credits you need and the cost of a transcript, it may not be much more expensive take CSU Global's challenge exams.
Hi Guys,

I asked the person in NASBA who is responsible for MA license about the study.com credits and she gave me an answer"If you take courses that are transferred into a four year school and they are listed and earned credit on the US regionally/nationally accredited school transcript then they should be acceptable."

So I am taking it as a YES that transfer the study.com credits into TESU would do the work, right? They are never gonna give you a direct answer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scarlett5477's post:
  • Zippadeedoodah
Given what you were told, if it was study.com credits on a transcript that TESU gave you transfer credit for as part of a degree earned from TESU, I would be a lot more sanguine (note that most states will only count CLEP exams that were accepted for credit from a school you took some classes at). That said, it does sound like it will work (https://www.tesu.edu/military/army/credit-banking).

EDIT: Let me ask you this, though- which courses are you planning on taking with Study.com?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yenisei's post:
  • Zippadeedoodah
So it needs me to get a degree from TESU to make this work?

I am going to take 16 courses on study.com including financial accounting, finance, information systems, etc. I will take another two courses taxation and audit in TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 255 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,141 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 205 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,603 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM