Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regionally accredited college accepting online credit transfer
(06-02-2018, 02:34 PM)davewill Wrote: I think you are completely misrepresenting the situation. How is that different from every other school that requires at least 30 units, which cost just as much and often much more? At least TESU gives you a choice. Also if they just want a transcript, then they can just pay the $300 credit banking fee. Not "thousands of dollars".

You don't need 30 credits to get a transcript, which is what the OP is asking for. It would be cheaper for me to take one course at a CC and get a transcript than it would be for me to get one from Excelsior or COSC. I've applied to both and have no transcripts from either one. All I have is a Uexcel transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-05-2018, 04:54 PM)scarlett5477 Wrote: Thank you  Yenisei! The CSU CBE is an exam not a course. I need to check with NASBA to see if it qualifies. These are the least expensive ones? God, $535 are still quite expensive compared to Study.com  Smile Maybe it is because Study.com is too cheap.

That's a good idea (be sure to mention it is a challenge exam for which course credit is given by a regionally-accredited university). Since CLEP is expressly accepted as well as pass/fail, and it appears on a university transcript, I would be very surprised if they would not accept it.
Smile 
Hello everyone,

Happy new year! I need some help for 2019: I just finished 15 courses on study.com and I need to transfer those credits to a regionally accredited college. At the same time, I need credits for another  3 courses which are Audit and Taxation related(Don't need to be the same colllege as long as they are all regionally accredited). Could someone tell me the least expensive way to do it? Is TECEP in TESU still the cheapest ? $75 app fee+ $75/credit *3 credits= $300. Do I need to pay other fees to get the transcript if I transfer all my credits to TESU? Where else can I find cheap online courses for the other 3 ?  Thanks so much and wish you all have a great great 2019! Smile

Scarlett
First, you should decide which school you're going to go to, and what your degree will be. THEN, you should take courses at places like Study.com. Otherwise, you could really be wasting your time.

The least expensive place to take auditing & taxation courses is CSU-Global - they have the following CBEs for $250 each:
Federal Individual Taxation
Business Taxation
Auditing

I think these are just like TECEP's where you get a P/F, not a grade. Since it's unclear what your plan is with your degree (or even which degree you're getting at which school), it's hard to tell you what you should be looking for.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-31-2018, 10:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, you should decide which school you're going to go to, and what your degree will be.  THEN, you should take courses at places like Study.com.  Otherwise, you could really be wasting your time.

The least expensive place to take auditing & taxation courses is CSU-Global - they have the following CBEs for $250 each:
Federal Individual Taxation
Business Taxation
Auditing

I think these are just like TECEP's where you get a P/F, not a grade.  Since it's unclear what your plan is with your degree (or even which degree you're getting at which school), it's hard to tell you what you should be looking for.
Hi dfrecore,

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I don't need a degree. I just need those transcrpits from a regionally accredited college, anyone. People told me that TESU is the easiest way but that was half a year ago. Right now I want to check if it still is. Did they increase their tuition? So $75 app fee+ $75/credit *3 credits(for taxation TECEP)= $300 is what I need to pay to get my credits on Study.com to transferred and then an official transcript? Thanks so much and Happy new year to you.

Scarlett
(01-01-2019, 08:37 AM)scarlett5477 Wrote: Thanks! I forgot to mention that I don't need a degree. I just need those transcrpits from a regionally accredited college, anyone. People told me that TESU is the easiest way but that was half a year ago. Right now I want to check if it still is. Did they increase their tuition? So $75 app fee+ $75/credit *3 credits(for taxation TECEP)= $300 is what I need to pay to get my credits on Study.com to transferred and then an official transcript?

If you're looking at TECEP's from TESU, they revised their prices recently. LL TECEP exams are really cheap now ($25 per credit) and UL TECEP exams are $75 per credit as you mention. So you're looking at $225 for Federal Income Taxation (ACC-421-TE).

However, you cannot transfer your Study.com courses THROUGH TESU. If you need credits from a regionally accredited college, you'll need to earn them at a regionally accredited college. Any credits earned at Study.com can be used towards a degree at TESU, but they are still issued and transcripted by Study.com. They will not appear on your TESU transcript at all unless you graduate with a degree, and even then they will be listed as transfer credits. So your destination school or organization must accept credits from Study.com directly if you mean to use them for any purpose other than completing a degree.

Its the same as earning credits at a college. You can send them on a transcript to another school to be applied towards a degree, but if you end up going to another school, you need to re-send all your credits again, since transcripts must always be issued by the originating school (or course provider).

I don't know why you need these credits, but if it's for an employer or non-academic evaluation, you might be able to use a credit banking service to get the Study.com courses transcripted. That service costs extra, but will show the study.com credits on a transcript issued by a college. TESU, Excelsior, and COSC all offer this service as far as I know, but it isn't cheap.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(01-01-2019, 08:37 AM)scarlett5477 Wrote: Hi dfrecore,

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I don't need a degree. I just need those transcrpits from a regionally accredited college, anyone. People told me that TESU is the easiest way but that was half a year ago. Right now I want to check if it still is. Did they increase their tuition? So $75 app fee+ $75/credit *3 credits(for taxation TECEP)= $300 is what I need to pay to get my credits on Study.com to transferred and then an official transcript? Thanks so much and Happy new year to you.

Scarlett

As per Merlin, I have my TESU transcript right here, and it lists all of the credits I've brought into the school towards my degree (I graduated this year).  So it shows the schools I've transferred credits from (each school and then which credits), and then it lists everything I brought in from non-school providers - so ACE, DSST, CLEP, & NCCRS.  It is very clear that I did not take the courses from the school.

If you just need a transcript from an RA school listing your courses/exams that you've taken, you'd be better off going through CSU-Global; you end up spending less money overall that way.  CSU-Global is an RA school.  And everything would be on a single transcript.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi Merlin and defrecore,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I posted a thread on this forum before about transferring my credits from Study.com to a RA school and they gave me two ways: credit banking to get a transcript from TESU(by paying $300 ) or take an TECEP course to get enrolled (by paying $225 now). So I assume the TECEP way should be better. MA CPA License gave me an explanation about my transferred credits: "If you take courses that are transferred into a four year school and they are listed and earned credit on the US regionally/nationally accredited school transcript then they should be acceptable."

I need 18 courses of which 15 I found and already finished on Study.com and I was going to take one TECEP in TESU the other two from CSU-Global. Could you please give me some advice ? I don't need a degree, I just need to fulfill MA CPA Board license requirements. Thanks a million to you guys!!!
(01-02-2019, 06:41 PM)scarlett5477 Wrote: Hi Merlin and defrecore,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I posted a thread on this forum before about transferring my credits from Study.com to a RA school and they gave me two ways: credit banking to get a transcript from TESU(by paying $300 ) or take an TECEP course to get enrolled (by paying $225 now). So I assume the TECEP way should be better. MA CPA License gave me an explanation about my transferred credits: "If you take courses that are transferred into a four year school and they are listed and earned credit on the US regionally/nationally accredited school transcript then they should be acceptable."  

I need 18 courses of which 15 I found and already finished on Study.com and I was going to take one TECEP in TESU the other two from CSU-Global. Could you please give me some advice ? I don't need a degree, I just need to fulfill MA CPA Board license requirements. Thanks a million to you guys!!!

It sounds like you may need the credit banking service. It is specifically there to collect credits from multiple places and show them on a single transcript. However, the credit bank transcript will undoubtedly show that the source of the credits originates from outside TESU. I haven't used a credit bank service so I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'm 99% sure given how these things usually work in academia.

Enrolling at TESU may get you an equivalent to their credit banking service, but an official transcript from TESU, as a student, will only show the credits earned at TESU, not those transferred in. As far as I know, the official transcript only includes transfer credits as part of the final graduate transcript. If you can use an unofficial transcript, then that one will show all the transfer credits as well, but that is usually just for the student.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Sad 
Hi everyone,

I am back. Happy new year to you all! I just finished 15 courses on study.com and plan to transfer those credits to TESU (or any RA college)and take a TECEP course from TESU (if I choose TESU to transfer my credits)too. Can you help me with the cheapest way to do it? Credit banking or TECEP? Do I need to pay the residency waiver $2500 ? Previously you guys told me TECEP was the cheapest way but I just heard I couldn't get an transcript showing my transferred credits form Study.com . Is that true ?? Cry Cry Cry The MA CPA Board just requires"If you take courses that are transferred into a four year school and they are listed and earned credit on the US regionally/nationally accredited school transcript then they should be acceptable."

Thanks to you all and wish you a very happy new year!

Scarlett

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 258 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,142 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 206 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,605 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM