Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registering for TECEP
I am registering now for TECEP Med Term and seeing only July enrollment avail. Will this now prevent me from getting it completed in June and be under the new policy. Is there a way I can take the exam now after registering? I feel bad if I should have done it last week.
(06-03-2020, 05:29 PM)Edriveless Wrote: I am registering now for TECEP Med Term and seeing only July enrollment avail. Will this now prevent me from getting it completed in June and be under the new policy. Is there a way I can take the exam now after registering? I feel bad if I should have done it last week.

I believe the deadline for enrollment for June was May 31
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(06-03-2020, 05:47 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 05:29 PM)Edriveless Wrote: I am registering now for TECEP Med Term and seeing only July enrollment avail. Will this now prevent me from getting it completed in June and be under the new policy. Is there a way I can take the exam now after registering? I feel bad if I should have done it last week.

Is there a way to appeal and get the policy for June applied still? How sad if I missed it
(06-03-2020, 05:50 PM)Edriveless Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 05:47 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:

Is there a way to appeal and get the policy for June applied still? How sad if I missed it

A successful appeal is not likely but maybe one of the more experience members of this forum can advise you on your options.  Sorry!
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

You can still get old catalog as long as you REGISTER for something before July 1st even if starts after that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Clepper43
(06-03-2020, 06:45 PM)natshar Wrote: You can still get old catalog as long as you REGISTER for something before July 1st even if starts after that.

Oh so you sure signing up now for TECEP that says July will get me in old catalog and not pay new waiver fee? Do I have to tell TESU anything?
(06-03-2020, 07:42 PM)Edriveless Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 06:45 PM)natshar Wrote: You can still get old catalog as long as you REGISTER for something before July 1st even if starts after that.

Oh so you sure signing up now for TECEP that says July will get me in old catalog and not pay new waiver fee? Do I have to tell TESU anything?
The new wavier fee takes affect July 1 (if they change it) and that doesn't have to do with catalog.

If you pay after July 1 you will pay the new rate regardless. It has nothing to do with enrolling with a tecep.

I'd only pay it before July 1 if you are 100% certain you can finish in one year. This means you are mostly done. If you are not close don't pay. Anything could happen all this covid stuff is proof. You never know what new policy Tesu could come up with.  Or if you want to switch schools. Plus we don't have 100,% confirmation tesu will raise it. If you pay and take over a year you to pay it again.

So pay it by July 1st only if you certain that you will finish your degree at Tesu in the next 12 months.
(06-03-2020, 08:41 PM)natshar Wrote:

The new wavier fee takes affect July 1 (if they change it) and that doesn't have to do with catalog.

If you pay after July 1 you will pay the new rate regardless. It has nothing to do with enrolling with a tecep.

I'd only pay it before July 1 if you are 100% certain you can finish in one year. This means you are mostly done. If you are not close don't pay. Anything could happen all this covid stuff is proof. You never know what new policy Tesu could come up with.  Or if you want to switch schools. Plus we don't have 100,% confirmation tesu will raise it. If you pay and take over a year you to pay it again.

So pay it by July 1st only if you certain that you will finish your degree at Tesu in the next 12 months.
I see. So if i pay now for July TECEP, what will this benefit me? Catalog lock so policy changes re transferring credits won’t apply to me??? Paying NOW, I can guarantee same price waiver and locking catalog? Sorry if I keep repeating.
(06-03-2020, 09:53 PM)Edriveless Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 08:41 PM)natshar Wrote:

I see. So if i pay now for July TECEP, what will this benefit me? Catalog lock so policy changes re transferring credits won’t apply to me??? Paying NOW, I can guarantee same price waiver and locking catalog? Sorry if I keep repeating.

If you pay for a TECEP you be locked into a catalog. This means the requirements for a degree. Here is a made-up example: Say Tesu changes to that you need calculus for a business and you are a business major. If you pay for the TECEP you are locking the old requirements so you won't have to do calculus. There could be some other policies you grandfathered into as well. For example, at one time TECEPs counted towards the 16 credit residency and stuff like that. Also, by doing a TECEP you are officially an enrolled student at TESU. You have access to the elibrary, advising, etc. And you get unlimited evaluations and can change your major as much as you want. But, if there are random policies TESU decides those may or may not affect you. It all depends and who knows. You might be safe for some stuff, but others you might out of luck.

Paying for a TECEP is totally different than paying the $2800 waiver fee. The $2800 fee is what you pay if you don't take at least 16 credits of classes (not TECEPs) at TESU. It's simple, you take 0 - 15 credits at TESU you must pay the fee. You take 16+ credits at TESU, no fee.

That $2800 might go up after July 1st. But no matter what you do, unless already paid the fee you will have to pay the new rate, you can't be locked into the old rate for that. (someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

I suggest paying for the TECEP now on matter what. 

But don't pay the $2800 fee yet, unless you are 100% sure that you will finish your degree at TESU in the next 12 months and you are not at some point going to take 16 credits at TESU. If you are certain that you will finish in 12 months and there is no way you will take more than 6 credits at TESU then go ahead and pay the fee. See the waiver fee is only good for a year, so if after a year you didn't finish your degree you have pay the wavier fee again. And of course, say you paid the wavier fee and decided to do 16 credits at TESU after all, or switch schools, then you just wasted your money. So potentially saving a little bit on the waiver fee if it goes up might not be worth it.

Hope this all makes sense.
Very clear. Thanks!

-Can’t the Pell Grant (Max awarded) benefit someone who is also a resident? 
Shall I split the 16 in 2-3 terms? 

-When you mean 100 ready to transfer,  guaranteeing all counting the BA AOS? 

-Where will get the 1 credit (5 x3 =15)?

-During this pandemic, I am hoping they would be more forgiving financially and offer something more beneficial to students wanting to finish school. 

-Also how much is an AA & BA at TESU worth vs only the BA?

-Why do people go for two majors, and only need like 27 units difference? I mean for a BSBA it’s going to looks the same on the diploma right and not say the majors if you went for a double major In business?

I tried paying for TECEP For July but do not have the option to pay, it just says blank next to the amount? Will I need for Registrar to process anything?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 459 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 313 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 614 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 835 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 17,010 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 601 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 641 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,304 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Failing TECEP twice KsT 22 1,996 09-02-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: evenFair23