Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L
I am pursuing a BABA M&L degree from UMPI and have taken a handful of classes through previous schooling, Sophia, and SDC. It is required to take 10 classes at UMPI, but the Wiki shows that I can transfer enough to satisfy almost all of the required courses, leaving only 5 that would have to be taken at UMPI. My question: Should I transfer in every class that the Wiki shows that I can before applying to UMPI?

Additionally, should I add anything to this degree that would keep my cost low and make me more competitive in my industry (software engineering)? I was thinking of adding a minor like Management Information Systems, but haven't planned that out.

Your Location: South Carolina, United States.
Your Age: 29.
What kind of degree do you want?: Software Engineering, Business Administration (open to suggestions)

Budget: I have about $5,000 budgeted, but I can be a little bit flexible if it feels justified. I'd like to go the cheapest route possible.  
Career Field: Software Engineering (3 YOE)
Commitments: I currently work full-time from home. I have a wife and a dog (no kids).
Dedicated time to study: I can study about 25 - 30 hours a week.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No.

Current Regional Accredited Credits:

Metropolitan Community College - Kansas City, Total Credits: 13 (2013)
Business Communications / 3 / A
First-Year Seminar / 1 / B
Microeconomics / 3 / C
Composition & Reading 1 / 3 / B
College Algebra / 3 / C

Park University, Total Credits: 6 (2014)
Introduction to Sociology / 3 / C
World Religions / 3 / B

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:

Sophia, Total Credits: 72
Art History 1 / 3 / A
Art History 2 / 3 / B
Introduction to Business / 3 / B
Business Ethics / 3 / B
Business Law / B
Financial Accounting / 3 / B
Managerial Accounting / 3 / B
Developing Effective Teams / 1 / B
Workplace Communication / 3 / A
The Essentials of Managing Conflict / 1 / B
Introduction to Information Technology / 3 / A
Introduction to Web Development / 3 / A
Introduction to Relational Databases / 3 / B
Introduction to Networking / 3 / B
Introduction to Python Programming / 3 / A
Introduction to Java Programming / 3 / B
Macroeconomics / 3 / B
Environmental Science / 3 / B
US History 1 / 3 / B
US Government / 3 / B
Human Biology / 3 / A
Introduction to Ethics / 3 / A
Project Management / 3 / C
Human Biology Lab / 1 / A
Introduction to Statistics / 3 / B
Visual Communications / 3 / A

Study.com, Total Credits: 6
College Composition 1 / 3 / A
College Composition 2 / 3 / A

Any certifications or military experience? No military experience. I have a MongoDB Associate Developer certification.

-------------------------
Here is a screenshot of my course plan spreadsheet. Green = completed; Yellow = in progress; White = waiting to start.

.png   UMPI BABA Course Plan.png (Size: 463.04 KB / Downloads: 11)
My suggestion is to do the following: Add another BABA concentration in PM&IS, Complete all you can with Sophia.org first, then make sure you've got the requirements of your BABA M&L plus PM&IS completed, complete the rest with Study.com and do the residency requirements at UMPI.  I favor another concentration over a couple of minors in PM/MIS as it's probably just an extra course.

You may want to review the WIKI plans, add that to your spreadsheet, and take another screenshot, or I recommend making your spreadsheet available on your onedrive/google and have it viewable (not editable), you can link us for recommendations.  

Lastly, Hmm, I'm thinking of merging your thread to your original one since another moderator previously merged your threads into this one as you're continuing where you left off - deciding the degree plan: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...egree-Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(01-01-2024, 01:44 PM)diablo Wrote: Here is a screenshot of my course plan spreadsheet. Green = completed; Yellow = in progress; White = waiting to start.

Sophia Managerial Accounting does not fulfill Business 220 for UMPI. Wish it did.
Old (90's) College Credits/ CAD Diploma
Sophia, Study.com and Coursera
Pierpont BOG AAS - Applied November 2023, Applied for Graduation January 2024
UMPI BA - Applied December 2023

[-] The following 2 users Like Indieblue's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbiw Advice - Direction - Reality Check OchoNombres 1 71 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 99 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 162 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 98 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,606 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 132 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 227 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 476 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 645 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,219 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM