Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining Credits Needed For Pierpont BOG AAS?
Hi there, I'd really like to get the Pierpoint degree (with an emphasis in Information Technology) just to check that box, I'm not sure if I want to go on to WGU or UMPI yet, so right now I just want to focus on the Pierpont degree.

I did some courses on Sophia about a year ago, and I just want to make sure my plan is correct.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Your Location: Kentucky, USA
Your Age: 29
What kind of degree do you want?: Pierpont BOG AAS

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:

Provider Total Credits: Sophia / 10
Art History I
Environmental Science
Financial Accounting
Intro to Business
Intro to Ethics
Sociology
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
US History I
Workplace Communication

Any certifications or military experience?
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is my plan:

Take these at Sophia:
Visual Communication
College Algebra
Intro to Information Technology
Intro to Web Development
US History II

TADA:
Google IT Support Certificate

RA Credit:
ASU Business Technology Fundamentals

I've already started the TADA courses, does everything look correct, and do you think I could complete everything in 1 month?
I would suggest US Government instead of US History II. I believe this fills a requirement at both UMPI and WGU. It shouldn't take that much longer. A month is probably long enough to complete everything needed.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • bubbleteamoo
(05-24-2023, 12:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would suggest US Government instead of US History II. I believe this fills a requirement at both UMPI and WGU. It shouldn't take that much longer. A month is probably long enough to complete everything needed.

I'll switch that out then. Thank you so much!
@bubbleteamoo, Welcome to the board. You may want to complete the addendum in addition to the template which you've already done, the reason is to provide us more details on your situation and study habits. It'll be useful when the time comes to deciding on your Bachelors. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Since you'll be taking Sophia.org classes, you can take extra classes that you know would go towards UMPI BLS, you should create a spreadsheet with all the requirements and what you have completed, this is for reference and tracking purposes. You can also create another sheet if you want for UMPI BLS as that's a logical progression for these or whatever you have your eyes set on. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Pierpont to UMPI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can also take the CSM Learner Course to replace college algebra if you want, costs 39 dollars.

Also, keep in mind while doing Google IT, you just have to pass the graded areas so unless you absolutely must, don't feel the need to watch every single video, some are straight filler, some are interviews with the staff etc, just do what you need to do and move on. Knowing what I know now, having completed a few Coursera courses, I wasted a lot of time on the IT one as it was my first and didn't know what I was doing. Good luck, you're easily on your way to completing your AAS before fall.
In Progress:
UMPI - BA Criminal Justice

Completed:
Pierpont: AAS BOG w/ Emphasis in Information Systems
Sophia: 19 Courses - The CSM Course - ASU: CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals
Coursera: Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Digital Marketing, IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
(05-25-2023, 02:45 PM)slaterjack Wrote: You can also take the CSM Learner Course to replace college algebra if you want, costs 39 dollars.

Also, keep in mind while doing Google IT, you just have to pass the graded areas so unless you absolutely must, don't feel the need to watch every single video, some are straight filler, some are interviews with the staff etc, just do what you need to do and move on.  Knowing what I know now, having completed a few Coursera courses, I wasted a lot of time on the IT one as it was my first and didn't know what I was doing.  Good luck, you're easily on your way to completing your AAS before fall.

Thank you so much! I'll look into the CSM Learn course.

Also good info about the Google IT thing, I have definitely felt like I've needed to watch every video and do alllllll the extra reading.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 287 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 148 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 530 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 930 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 739 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 796 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 691 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,097 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,763 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares