Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reminder: 2021 Scholarship Award Cycle is Open
Information 
Reminder: The 2021 Summer Scholarship Award Cycle at TESU is currently open for applications. It closes on May 31st. 
TESU has dozens of scholarship opportunities for admitted and enrolled students. 
To apply, go to the TESU scholarships page here and click the red Apply Now button. You'll be taken to the online scholarship management system, where you'll create an account and supply your information. Many background/screening questions are used to check your eligibility for individual scholarships. One application is all you need to be considered for all relevant scholarships.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 3 users Like jch's post:
  • AllThose299s, busybee45, Michelle779
The summer 2022 application window just opened, and it closes on July 11. I'd encourage everyone to apply - you have decent odds of actually receiving something. So far I've been awarded 2,500 from TESU.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Michelle779
Won another $1,000 this time around!
If you have good grades and can write a decent essay, there's a good chance you'll get some money from this.
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • Dorothy44, rachel83az
Congrats! You're awesome! You're hitting it up with the scholarships at TESU, haha... great work!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-02-2022, 12:40 AM)jch Wrote: The summer 2022 application window just opened, and it closes on July 11. I'd encourage everyone to apply - you have decent odds of actually receiving something. So far I've been awarded 2,500 from TESU.

THANK YOU for this post!!! I applied after I saw it and just got the email that I’ve been awarded $5000! ? this makes my final 16 for residency FREEEEEE. Encouraging everyone here to apply even if they think it’s a long shot. I didn’t think I’d get anything and was totally pleasantly surprised.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amberlinjeanne's post:
  • carrythenothing, Dorothy44, jch
@Amberlinjeanne , Congrats, you're as awesome as jch! That's great news! You've got TESU's degree for practically free! If you're in need to look at 16 credits residency, do the flat-rate and get the cornerstone/capstone and some easy courses completed. Check the wiki for options...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Definitely apply! I was awarded $2,500. My capstone was free, and they sent me the rest in a check. So that went towards the residency waiver. I loved going to TESU. If you guys have any doubts, do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tpell1219's post:
  • LevelUP
(08-14-2022, 03:45 PM)tpell1219 Wrote: Definitely apply! I was awarded $2,500. My capstone was free, and they sent me the rest in a check. So that went towards the residency waiver. I loved going to TESU. If you guys have any doubts, do it.

Really?? Did you have pell grants or federal aid?? I didn’t think they refunded scholarship $$ or let you use it besides anything but tuition. That would be a game changer

(08-14-2022, 03:45 PM)tpell1219 Wrote: Definitely apply! I was awarded $2,500. My capstone was free, and they sent me the rest in a check. So that went towards the residency waiver. I loved going to TESU. If you guys have any doubts, do it.

Really?? Did you have pell grants or federal aid?? I didn’t think they refunded scholarship $$ or let you use it besides anything but tuition. That would be a game changer
DSST
Substance Abuse 470, Fundamentals of Counseling 466, General Anthropology 445, Foundations of Education 424, Technical Writing 450
CLEP
Human Growth & Development 58, Intro to Educational Psychology 66, College Composition 66, College Composition Modular 65, Intro to Sociology 64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 50, American Government 55, College Algebra 63, Macroeconomics 52, Biology 55
SDC 
Ethics in the Social science, Statistics, Cognitive Psychology, Research methods, Personality Theory, History & Systems of Psychology, Ethics in America, History of the US II
CooperSmith
Abnormal Psychology, Physiological Psychology
UExcel
Psychology of Adulthood & Aging, Social Psychology
(08-14-2022, 11:44 AM)Amberlinjeanne Wrote: THANK YOU for this post!!! I applied after I saw it and just got the email that I’ve been awarded $5000! ? this makes my final 16 for residency FREEEEEE. Encouraging everyone here to apply even if they think it’s a long shot. I didn’t think I’d get anything and was totally pleasantly surprised.

BOOM!

I liked going to TESU as well. They let you work ahead as much as you want since you can see all the assignments in advance.

The rigor of TESU is the exams, so you must treat those with respect.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-14-2022, 04:15 PM)Amberlinjeanne Wrote:

I didn't think they refunded scholarship money either, but I also got a check in the mail a few weeks ago with the remaining amount.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile TESU Graduate BSBA-GM Dec 2021 bmac66 6 970 01-03-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: bmac66
  TESU and Study.com - Advising appt Nov 2, 2021 AnnaAK 11 1,748 11-17-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: AnnaAK
Question Business Capstone Nov 2021 Professor recommendation elenlushk 2 696 10-02-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graduation and Commencement Tips and Tricks? 2021 Toastmaster 11 1,584 09-14-2021, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  BALS--Registered for March 2021! jubejuju 0 464 02-18-2021, 05:54 PM
Last Post: jubejuju
  Scholarship Application jcooke 4 843 12-13-2020, 07:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for two baccalaureate degrees within the same graduation cycle Malkina 8 1,149 09-09-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  TESU 2 Degrees One Cycle natshar 4 1,378 05-24-2019, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Was TESU open today? AwardTour 0 576 01-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Last Post: AwardTour