Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to find out which courses are accepted by SNHU?
I keep asking the admissions advisor assigned to me what are some options available to me, that could help me pare down the cost of the BS CS. He told me Sohpia.org has some free courses for a bit. However out of all the courses available at Sophia, exactly one course (English Comp II) is both transferable credit, and a course that I require. The rest of the courses are irrelevant to me.

When I look at Study.com and search for SNHU the school itself is listed, but there are no specifics on which courses themselves are available. It says to contact my advisor, so I feel  a little caught between a rock and a hard place.

Or is it that SNHU is extremely selective on which credits it takes?

Thanks for any tips or advice, in advanced.

This is what a search at Study.com yields:
Southern New Hampshire University
Students seeking credit transfers should contact their school directly to determine credit transfer eligibility and requirements specific to their situation.
Sign up now to start earning transferable credit and gain access to all these great features:
  • Transferable college credit
  • Certificates of completion
  • Tools for tracking progress
  • Practice quizzes & tests
  • Access to Study.com instructors
  • Unlimited access to all videos
  • Lesson transcripts
  • Tech support

This is what the enrollment advisor gave me:
Sophia Courses
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ruroni's post:
  • ajwilli2
https://snhu.sophia.org/#courses
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Ruroni
(05-21-2020, 11:19 AM)natshar Wrote: https://snhu.sophia.org/#courses

No disrespect, but is natshar an automated response script?
I mean that link is literally the link I put in my OP so I'm a little confused by this reply.
No the link you posted went to different page on sophias site. Just the home page i gave you the snhu page. Idk if my link would be helpful but it is all i could find.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • Clepper43, Ruroni
When universities have transfer partnerships with course providers like Sophia & Study.com & also list their transfer equivalencies then what you see is what you get. When you’re being told otherwise by an advisor/ representative you’re supposed to let the course provider know that the university isn’t following the partnership. Not too sure why your advisor was being a little weird about it. Also I just wanted to let you know that Saylor has a transfer partnership with SNHU & also has some courses that could be used in your CS major.

https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit-p...niversity/
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes harrypotter's post:
  • Ruroni
(05-21-2020, 11:27 AM)natshar Wrote: No the link you posted went to different page on sophias site. Just the home page i gave you the snhu page. Idk if my link would be helpful but it is all i could find.

Thank you! 
I appreciate the feedback.

(05-21-2020, 02:40 PM)harrypotter Wrote: When universities have transfer partnerships with course providers like Sophia & Study.com & also list their transfer equivalencies then what you see is what you get. When you’re being told otherwise you’re supposed to let the course provider know that the university isn’t following the partnership. Not too sure why your advisor was being a little weird. Also I just wanted to let you know that Saylor has a transfer partnership with SNHU & also has some courses that could be used in your CS major.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
I was really hoping that Study.com would be an option because they list a lot of courses that I think should help.
Thanks again!
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruroni's post:
  • Clepper43, harrypotter
I have only heard that SNHU would consider Study.com classes as ACE credit - but speak to an advisor.

As you see under "approved partner courses" here it does list ACE. https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...esting-out

That's as much as I know!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepper43's post:
  • Ruroni
(05-21-2020, 11:28 PM)Ruroni Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 11:27 AM)natshar Wrote: No the link you posted went to different page on sophias site. Just the home page i gave you the snhu page. Idk if my link would be helpful but it is all i could find.

Thank you! 
I appreciate the feedback.

(05-21-2020, 02:40 PM)harrypotter Wrote: When universities have transfer partnerships with course providers like Sophia & Study.com & also list their transfer equivalencies then what you see is what you get. When you’re being told otherwise you’re supposed to let the course provider know that the university isn’t following the partnership. Not too sure why your advisor was being a little weird. Also I just wanted to let you know that Saylor has a transfer partnership with SNHU & also has some courses that could be used in your CS major.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
I was really hoping that Study.com would be an option because they list a lot of courses that I think should help.
Thanks again!

Hi Ruroni, did you get an answer about study.com as an option for credits?
How did they take your credits overall?
thanks.
So it seems you've gotta fill out a form requesting to take a course somewhere else and they will analyse and let you know if it can be transferred. That was explained by a student there (last comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/SNHU/comments/5...e_courses/)
[-] The following 1 user Likes beto's post:
  • Tokyokacie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,577 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 307 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 671 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat