Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residency waiver fee payment means no cornerstone (TESU)
dfrecore Wrote:If you've applied but haven't yet enrolled (taken a course or TECEP there), then you are free to transfer in as many courses as you want. So, you may want to wait to enroll until after you have 104 credits sent in. You can send in what you want at the end of the month, and see where you stand, and then take a few more courses if you need to and send those in, before enrolling.
Just be aware that if TESU changes requirements or transfer equivalencies again before you you enroll, you'll be subject to them. To me it doesn't seem worth the risk to avoid a 1 credit course.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
dfrecore Wrote:There was an email sent to someone on this forum that said the cornerstone is waived for anyone transferring in 104cr at enrollment, and anyone who is under the previous catalogs is grandfathered in. But, if you already enrolled in the current catalog, then you're subject to the cornerstone. I'm guessing that you may be able to get it waived if you bring in a lot of credit and only need to take the capstone. But I wouldn't worry about it until you get close to graduation.

I'm enrolled in the 2017 catalog and had the Cornerstone waived after I transferred in 111 cr. I did have to contact them to get the waiver though. It was not done automatically on my evaluation.
Working on BA in Liberal Studies (Humanities) at TESU

Done so far:
CLEP: Analyzing Lit, 71; College Comp. Modular, 74
Straighterline: Intro to Communications, Intro to Nutrition
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
TESU: Currently doing Lib-495 Capstone.
90 credits from UMass Boston, 6 credits from Roxbury Community College
embitca Wrote:I'm enrolled in the 2017 catalog and had the Cornerstone waived after I transferred in 111 cr. I did have to contact them to get the waiver though. It was not done automatically on my evaluation.

So all you need is to have 111cr transferred in? I live in NJ, and will be having over 120cr transferred in...
creditmonsoon Wrote:So all you need is to have 111cr transferred in? I live in NJ, and will be having over 120cr transferred in...

You actually only need 104cr transferred in. That's what the waiver language states. And just to be clear, I'm only talking about having to take the Cornerstone here, not the residency fee.
Working on BA in Liberal Studies (Humanities) at TESU

Done so far:
CLEP: Analyzing Lit, 71; College Comp. Modular, 74
Straighterline: Intro to Communications, Intro to Nutrition
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
TESU: Currently doing Lib-495 Capstone.
90 credits from UMass Boston, 6 credits from Roxbury Community College
davewill Wrote:Just be aware that if TESU changes requirements or transfer equivalencies again before you you enroll, you'll be subject to them. To me it doesn't seem worth the risk to avoid a 1 credit course.

I agree right here, I'm at 41/120 and wont hit the 104 mark for a bit longer so I plan on enrolling and taking my 1cr course sometime early next year. Plus I figure I can use this 1cr course to make up for the Insurance Credit.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
embitca Wrote:You actually only need 104cr transferred in. That's what the waiver language states. And just to be clear, I'm only talking about having to take the Cornerstone here, not the residency fee.

Also just to be clear the 104 waiver can be from any credits and doesn't particularly need to fit into your evaluation. You just need at least 104 college credits

For example I transferred 104 credits in but only 95 made it to the actual evaluation.
My brother just transferred in something like 110 credits and tesu automatically waived the Cornerstone course in his eval. However, when he went to register for a tecep to enroll, they automatically added the cornerstone course to his cart along with the tecep, making his total about $420. He tried removing it from his order but had no success. So he's gonna call them Monday and get it straightened out. Has anyone else experienced this??
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:My brother just transferred in something like 110 credits and tesu automatically waived the Cornerstone course in his eval. However, when he went to register for a tecep to enroll, they automatically added the cornerstone course to his cart along with the tecep, making his total about $420. He tried removing it from his order but had no success. So he's gonna call them Monday and get it straightened out. Has anyone else experienced this??

If you e-mail bursar@tesu.edu and explain this, they should have this taken care of by Monday morning. TESU is really good and quick about resolving these issues from my experience.
It seems to be something new TESU started. On their website it says that the course would automatically be added for new students. The last time I had an issue with registration and billing (I was being charged the wrong amount) the bursar office took care of it within a couple of hours. Just keep checking online student services (schedule section) to make sure the TECEP registration goes through okay and that the TECEP does not get dropped.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
The exact same thing happened to me this evening. I'll be calling on Monday as well.

Their registration system doesn't seem to be set up to notice anything other than that you're trying to register under the current catalog and haven't done the Cornerstone. It obviously isn't "seeing" the waiver. @#$% annoying!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,011 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,678 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,134 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,366 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore