Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resume help
Normally, I never put dates on my resume in the educational section, especially since all I had was an AA from 1995. I didn't want to date myself and I never felt happy I didn't have a BA. However, I became a stay-at-home mom in 2014. In that time I've finished my BA and Masters. I could argue I took time off to finish my education and focus on family life. I am going to need to include that my Masters does not confer until September 1st anyway, so I'm wondering if I should list something like this:
Master Degree from Nations University, conferral September 1, 2018
Bachelor of Arts from Thomas Edison State University, 2017 
(I'm thinking of not including the Associates degree).
What do you all think?
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I wouldn't include the AA. And I'd definitely add the dates since they're recent. It's when they are old that I start to leave the dates off.

Do you need to put "expected conferral" ?

And, did you have an area of study for the BALS? If so, you should include it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Tedium
You could leave off your AA unless you think it brings something to the table that the rest of your resume doesn't - a specific area of expertise or qualification. For instance, if your associate degree was in nursing and you are applying for a job in healthcare, the fact that its old doesn't matter. But, otoh, if it were in nursing and you were applying for a job in computers, it doesn't make a contribution imo.

Also, you should say what your degrees are in (if they are in something).

When my masters was in progress, I just put the date. Trying to remember, but I think I applied for a job with UNC-Chapel Hill the summer before (2013) and listed my master's as 2014. They hired me and even asked me how my masters was going in my interview- so I think most people can figure that out that you are about to graduate.
Jennifer nails it.

I'm pretty good with resume generation; I have even done it for money. In this day, unless it's all you have, or as she said, covers an area interesting to the prospective client / boss (or, is from a school that resonates with the reviewer), oh- or you want to show how long and in depth you've been self-directed in learning, probably a waste of valuable space.

Remember, a business card is just to jog their minds and call you. A resume is just enough about you to want them to call you in. You put it all on the paper, why do they still need to see you?
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best school names to have on your resume Ideas 13 3,014 03-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning