Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review, Feedback & Help Please with a degree plan for UMPI BLS Proj Mgmt minor
Just a couple more questions re UMPI GEC. Can anyone tell me which areas fulfill other areas (Areas 1 through 5) at the same time?  For example:

• 1A fulfills 1D
  • 1B fulfills 2C
  • 3A fulfills 3B
  • Does 2A fulfill 2B?
  • Does 2B also fulfill 5A?
  • Can 3C also fulfill 3D and 3E if take an ACE equivalent of BIO 105?  Does Study.com Bio w/lab = UMPI BIO105? 

Thank you!!
(11-28-2021, 05:27 PM)GotmyBig3Degree! Wrote: Just a couple more questions re UMPI GEC. Can anyone tell me which areas fulfill other areas (Areas 1 through 5) at the same time?  For example:

• 1A fulfills 1D
  • 1B fulfills 2C
  • 3A fulfills 3B
  • Does 2A fulfill 2B?
  • Can 3C also fulfill 3D and 3E if take an ACE equivalent of BIO 105?  Does Study.com Bio w/lab = UMPI BIO105? 

Thank you!!

It depends - like, College Comp II fulfills 1B, 2C, and 4B.  And you have to take it, so that's easy.  But 1C can be fulfilled by multiple courses, so it depends on which one you take as to which others that specific course will fulfill.  For example, if you take Business/Org Communication (any of the 3 options) to fill it, then that's all that's filled.  But if you take American Government to fill it, then that also fills 5E.  Same with 2A - taking Psych or Econ will give you 2B as well.  Taking Philosophy will get you 2B, 4C, and 5D.  Ethics will get you 2B and 4C.

The easiest thing to do in my opinion, is use the GEC website to create a spreadsheet, and then go back through to see what you already have and mark those as completed.  Then to plan, use it to see which courses fulfill which areas.  You'll have multiple options for most, and you can see if you'd like to use a specific course provider which ones you can do versus using something else.  For instance, if you like Sophia, you won't be able to get a lab science, a foreign language, or American Government.  But if you prefer Study.com, you can do everything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-28-2021, 05:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:27 PM)GotmyBig3Degree! Wrote: Just a couple more questions re UMPI GEC. Can anyone tell me which areas fulfill other areas (Areas 1 through 5) at the same time?  For example:

• 1A fulfills 1D
  • 1B fulfills 2C
  • 3A fulfills 3B
  • Does 2A fulfill 2B?

Thank you!!

It depends - like, College Comp II fulfills 1B, 2C, and 4B.  And you have to take it, so that's easy.  But 1C can be fulfilled by multiple courses, so it depends on which one you take as to which others that specific course will fulfill.  For example, if you take Business/Org Communication (any of the 3 options) to fill it, then that's all that's filled.  But if you take American Government to fill it, then that also fills 5E.  Same with 2A - taking Psych or Econ will give you 2B as well.  Taking Philosophy will get you 2B, 4C, and 5D.  Ethics will get you 2B and 4C.

The easiest thing to do in my opinion, is use the GEC website to create a spreadsheet, and then go back through to see what you already have and mark those as completed.  Then to plan, use it to see which courses fulfill which areas.  You'll have multiple options for most, and you can see if you'd like to use a specific course provider which ones you can do versus using something else.  For instance, if you like Sophia, you won't be able to get a lab science, a foreign language, or American Government.  But if you prefer Study.com, you can do everything.
Thank you.  When I finished my BALS degree at TESU I only took 1 Study.com course and 1 TEEX course for needed UL credits. The rest of my ACE credits I took thru Sophia when they had their free special in early March (post-Covid).  I should look more closely at SDC now.

(11-28-2021, 05:51 PM)GotmyBig3Degree! Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

• 1A fulfills 1D
  • 1B fulfills 2C
  • 3A fulfills 3B
  • Does 2A fulfill 2B?

Thank you!!

Thank you.  When I finished my BALS degree at TESU I only took 1 Study.com course and 1 TEEX course for needed UL credits. The rest of my ACE credits I took thru Sophia when they had their free special in early March (post-Covid).  I should look more closely at SDC now.
I'm thinking Sophia may be better for a lot of his ACE credits because they are less expensive than SDC. SDC can be used for Bio w/Lab and a 2 Upper Level courses.  Based on that, does the attached look correct for his GEC?
Ah! InstaCert American Gov't would also fulfill 1C.  Thank you!

Attached Files
.pdf   UPMI GEC .pdf (Size: 187.48 KB / Downloads: 9)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GotmyBig3Degree!'s post:
  • Pikachu
You have a bachelor's degree from TESU? If you do, then you're waived from the GEC for a second bachelor's degree.
(11-29-2021, 11:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You have a bachelor's degree from TESU? If you do, then you're waived from the GEC for a second bachelor's degree.

I think this degree plan is for his friend who doesn't have a degree?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-29-2021, 11:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You have a bachelor's degree from TESU? If you do, then you're waived from the GEC for a second bachelor's degree.

I have a bachelor's degree from TESU but I'm helping a family friend put together a degree plan for UMPI.  But that is good to know!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 0 13 35 minutes ago
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 7 152 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 657 4 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 63 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 343 9 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 152 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 209 03-27-2024, 07:24 PM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,484 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 181 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM