Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of Sophia's Project Management
Note: I've taken the course and have scheduled to take the final Milestone, which is scheduled for tomorrow. So not counting my chickens before they're hatched. This is a review on the course content itself. 

I've done Sophia's Statistics course and passed in the high 90s. Statistics is not a subject that comes naturally to me, but I did it and did it well, thanks to Sophia. However, Sophia's Project Management course, which I thought would be much more intuitive, has been a nightmare. I don't consider myself a newbie in this subject and yet it seemed as though everything I knew to be true wasn't the answer that they were looking for. Some of the content on the Unit / Milestone questions were even contrary to the lesson materials. Or they were arbitrary, as in...the questions seemed to be set up as "best answers", rather than definitive answers.  

The Units / Milestone questions simply didn't align with the material. That being said, I saw some reviews where people smashed out this course in a couple days. Which makes me wonder how many of these people had prior experience or simply good luck. 

I know this review sounds like I'm frustrated, but I really do like Sophia's format. I feel like some of the courses are better thought out than others though. 

I'll keep you posted on how I do on the Final Milestone for this course. I'm also taking Environmental Science, since I took advantage of their 3 for half price deal back in October and will be reviewing that as well. 

Kel
I did well in this course, with zero prior knowledge. It certainly did NOT only take me a few days; more like a few weeks.

Just an FYI, the Milestone was much easier than the previous tests, if that helps.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • GoldieLux
(12-29-2017, 12:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I did well in this course, with zero prior knowledge.  It certainly did NOT only take me a few days; more like a few weeks.

Just an FYI, the Milestone was much easier than the previous tests, if that helps.

Thanks for the FYI! I get pretty nervous before tests. 

I'm wondering if my "prior knowledge" has actually been more of a hinderance than a help. Because if we're not following the project management process the way it's supposed to be from an academic prospective, then I'm going to assume an answer is correct when really it's not. If that makes any sense. 

I'll keep you updated on the milestone results!
I scored a 20/25 on the final, which is better than expected. I still found that some of questions didn’t align well with the material for the final. But that being said, I’m glad it’s done and over with. (Final course grade was 85%)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoldieLux's post:
  • jsd
(12-30-2017, 09:32 PM)GoldieLux Wrote: I scored a 20/25 on the final, which is better than expected. I still found that some of questions didn’t align well with the material for the final. But that being said, I’m glad it’s done and over with. (Final course grade was 85%)

I got an 85% as well!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • GoldieLux
(12-30-2017, 10:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 09:32 PM)GoldieLux Wrote: I scored a 20/25 on the final, which is better than expected. I still found that some of questions didn’t align well with the material for the final. But that being said, I’m glad it’s done and over with. (Final course grade was 85%)

I got an 85% as well!

That's great! I imagined I would have scored higher for this course than the Stats course, but I'm still pretty happy with the 85%. With as much trouble that I had studying for the Milestones, I'm definitely pleased with that score. 

Happy New Year, defrecore!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 865 7 hours ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,811 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 101 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 484 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,421 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 379 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 730 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 990 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 254 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 975 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab