Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviews and Advice: Straighterline Pharmacology I and II
Hello folks,

Has anyone taken Straighterline's Pharmacology I and/or Pharmacology II course(s) and what was your experience like?

All advice and input for someone looking to knock both out within 12 days would be appreciated Big Grin !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nightmoves5's post:
  • MSK9
Did you take this?
[SIZE="1"]AA, MGCCC
BA in Liberal Studies, TESC (thanks to all of you!! Smile )[/SIZE]
No, as they rolled Pharm I and Pharm II into one 3-credit course which no longer met my goal.
(03-09-2019, 04:19 AM)Nightmoves5 Wrote: No, as they rolled Pharm I and Pharm II into one 3-credit course which no longer met my goal.

I'm taking Straighterline Pharm now and I'm not doing well with it, any suggestions?
I am taking the final for this course over the weekend this Sunday. I picked it up just for fun and it was free.
This is how I managed 90+% so far... Remember, StraighterLine is only hard if you think that way...
BTW, you have 1 sheet of notes you can review during the final exam, I never needed it on any SL final.

1) Read or skim through the chapter materials and make you own "Coles notes" of the main points
2) Re-read the summary and create a list of info to review if you don't understand those points
3) StraighterLine exams/midterm are open book, learn how to search the online textbook provided
4) In regards to the proctored final, review the answers to previous exams/midterm and again, it's open book!
5) Last but not least, each exam/midterm is timed, don't rush, just go through it all and use up that time to double check
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, sofinel
I personally found Pharmacology hard. I failed it the first go around with 68%. Was given a free retake offer from SL and am ready to take the final with an 89% right now so I should be good this time around. My main issue was the middle exams I did really bad on the first go around and just couldn't score high enough on the final even though I did well.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Taking the Criminal Justice today. Wish me luck.
(08-17-2018, 02:43 PM)Nightmoves5 Wrote: Hello folks,

Has anyone taken Straighterline's Pharmacology I and/or Pharmacology II course(s) and what was your experience like?

All advice and input for someone looking to knock both out within 12 days would be appreciated Big Grin !!!

Isn't Pharmacology PHARM103 an open book final on StraighterLine? 
Yes, it's open book. I completed that course and knocked out the final in one day.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2019, 12:12 PM)romoh Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 02:43 PM)Nightmoves5 Wrote: Hello folks,

Isn't Pharmacology PHARM103 an open book final on StraighterLine? 

Yes, it's open book but a lot of the questions are not ones you can search the book for and just find the answers. For example;

You receive an order for a loading dose of phenobarbital 5 mg/min to run intravenously for your patient in over 2.5 hours. The total IV volume in the bag is 250 ml. Using 15 drops per milliliter, select the correct number of drops per minute that will be administered to the patient.

I thought this would be a lot easier than it actually is.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 394 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 100 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,747 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 666 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,123 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advice on Transferring Sophia Courses SophiaPrincess 32 4,771 06-20-2023, 07:10 PM