Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revised Degree Plan Help/Confirmation
Hello All,

I think I came up with a pretty good solution to all the walls I have been hitting lately. I have revised my remaining credits and updated my spreadsheet. I will attach my spreadsheet to this post. I am hoping some of the better TESU degree planners chough *(dfrecore)* chough can check this over real quick and let me know. I am ready to start up the SL courses tonight if this plan will work, I am eager to start adding some credits to my list. I'm coming up to a month and a half on adding no credits even though I am taking CC courses so I am actually still making progress. If I follow this plan I should be completing my last TECEP in May and have all of June to get the money together for July 1st deadline. As you can see my plan here is to complete the 3 classes I need with SL in 1 month(I may actually try for a 4th if money/time permits). Then in April work on the remaining study.com courses. I am also hoping during this time I can take a few hours a week to get familiar with some of the stuff on the Strategic Management TECEP so I can take that also in April. Next CLEP date I will be able to make is May 6th. At this point it leaves the Fed Income Tax TECEP and the CC course which all end on May 12th. I will probably get my sticky notes into my Tax book right after my courses end and take the TECEP shortly after that. I am hoping to be done with all my credits by the end of May. The main wildcard here is Strategic Management TECEP. Its going to be a busy 2 months but I'm ready to get this done!

.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Synicaal_TESU_Sheet.xlsx (Size: 139.56 KB / Downloads: 7)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Just glanced at it so there may be other things, but I noticed you had the residency waiver at"1800?". The cost should be $2000.00 unless you have some sort of discount waiver deal, if so, can I get in on that? Wink
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
TESUAbroad Wrote:Just glanced at it so there may be other things, but I noticed you had the residency waiver at"1800?". The cost should be $2000.00 unless you have some sort of discount waiver deal, if so, can I get in on that? Wink

Study.com affiliate pricing gives you a discount on the waiver and tuition if you have to take the liberal arts capstone (or any other TESU courses; no discount for TECEPs)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Hi, I looked at your spreadsheet because I'm trying to get an accounting degree, too... I see that you put accounting classes from a CC at the bottom. You have Federal Taxation... does that duplicate the TESU tax TECEP? Are you still planning on doing those classes, or are they already done?

I would like to thank you for posting the information about Oakton CC. I tried some web surfing, but this does seem to be the cheapest college that offers accounting classes online (not all community colleges do). I checked their schedule for next fall, and they really have almost all the accounting classes that I would need. I don't know if you can evaluate this college yet, but would you recommend it?

Also, I think that if I take all the accounting classes that I need through them, then I still have to get upper level classes. I am assuming that SL and Study both come in as upper level, so I just need two more upper level classes to finish the accounting concentration. I'm thinking about CSU-Global CBE's....

Thanks for posting your experiences, and thanks for all the info.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,622 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,943 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,939 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero