Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roadmap needed for BS Psychology | Excelsior college
Hello! 

I am looking to obtain a BS in Psychology from Excelsior College and am honestly quite lost. 
According to the Transfer guide - BS Psychology (see attachment), I could transfer up to 107 credits from Study.com, but I am also planning to take some classes from Sophia.org since it saves more money.

I am trying to build a roadmap but don't know where to start, does it matter which course I take first or last?
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here are 107 transferable credits | credit worth

English 204: College Composition I  3
English 205: College Composition II 3
Humanities Electives 9
Religion 101: Intro to World Religions 3
Humanities 101: Intro to the Humanities 3
Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis 3
Philosophy 101: Ethics in America OR Philosophy 103: Ethics - Theory & Practice 3
Natural Sciences/Mathematics Electives(Minimum of 3 credits in Natural Sciences) 6
Natural Sciences 3
Math 3
Psychology 101: Intro to Psychology 3
Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics 3
Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology 3
Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology (UL) 3
Psychology 103: Human Growth and Development 3
Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality (UL) 3
Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology 3
Psychology 102: Educational Psychology 3
Psychology 301: Industustrial/Org Psychology (UL) 3
Arts & Sciences Electives 24
Upper Level Arts & Sciences Elective 3
Applied Professional OR Arts & Sciences Electives 23
Upper Level Electives 6

I would really appreciate your help, Thank you so much!
No attachment and your list is confusing -- I'm not sure which are included in that "107 transferable credits"

https://www.excelsior.edu/program/online...gy-degree/

Quote:120 credits are required for the Bachelor of Science in Psychology. As part of these credits, for the core component of this degree, a minimum of 33 credits must be earned in the field of psychology, of which 18 must be at the upper level. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in the major.

You can transfer in up to 113 credits (everything except the cornerstone, capstone, and Information Literacy)

Reported Sophia equivalencies: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
1) You should make a spreadsheet split into categories including all the GE you need, and then the major, and finally free electives.

2) Figure out what you can take through Sophia - it will probably be quite a lot of credits

3) Figure out where to take your major courses; you can use Study.com and Coopersmith for your UL and intermediate-level courses

4) make sure you have 30cr of UL where you need it
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Welcome to the board, I got your PM.  You may want to follow this template and add any missing information that's not already within your first post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Have you checked other options for degree/schools?  Do you know what your end goal is?  A Masters in Psychology?  I would take everything you can first with Sophia.org since they're cheap, easy, fast... If you require more courses, extend that, and then work on other ACE recommended credits either from InstantCertCredit, Study.com, etc. 

Now to get you started: 1) Invest in a second monitor for easier multi-tasking and answer search.
2) Subscribe to Sophia.org and use 1 monitor for quiz/exams, 1 monitor for looking at pdf/texts.
3) Complete as many Sophia.org courses as you can that don't duplicate, up to 20-25+ courses.

If you need to extend the membership, it's just $99/month for 2 courses at a time, unlimited courses.
Once done with the max of Sophia.org courses, you should update this thread with a new evaluation.
Example set of courses from Sophia.org: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(04-15-2022, 11:41 AM)Tessa Wrote: Hello! 

I am looking to obtain a BS in Psychology from Excelsior College and am honestly quite lost. 
According to the Transfer guide - BS Psychology (see attachment), I could transfer up to 107 credits from Study.com, but I am also planning to take some classes from Sophia.org since it saves more money.

I am trying to build a roadmap but don't know where to start, does it matter which course I take first or last?
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here are 107 transferable credits | credit worth

English 204: College Composition I  3
English 205: College Composition II 3
Humanities Electives 9
Religion 101: Intro to World Religions 3
Humanities 101: Intro to the Humanities 3
Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis 3
Philosophy 101: Ethics in America OR Philosophy 103: Ethics - Theory & Practice 3
Natural Sciences/Mathematics Electives(Minimum of 3 credits in Natural Sciences) 6
Natural Sciences 3
Math 3
Psychology 101: Intro to Psychology 3
Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics 3
Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology 3
Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology (UL) 3
Psychology 103: Human Growth and Development 3
Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality (UL) 3
Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology 3
Psychology 102: Educational Psychology 3
Psychology 301: Industustrial/Org Psychology (UL) 3
Arts & Sciences Electives 24
Upper Level Arts & Sciences Elective 3
Applied Professional OR Arts & Sciences Electives 23
Upper Level Electives 6

I would really appreciate your help, Thank you so much!

My advisor told me no to both of the study.com Abnormal psychology
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

(04-15-2022, 10:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Welcome to the board, I got your PM.  You may want to follow this template and add any missing information that's not already within your first post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Have you checked other options for degree/schools?  Do you know what your end goal is?  A Masters in Psychology?  I would take everything you can first with Sophia.org since they're cheap, easy, fast... If you require more courses, extend that, and then work on other ACE recommended credits either from InstantCertCredit, Study.com, etc. 

Now to get you started: 1) Invest in a second monitor for easier multi-tasking and answer search.
2) Subscribe to Sophia.org and use 1 monitor for quiz/exams, 1 monitor for looking at pdf/texts.
3) Complete as many Sophia.org courses as you can that don't duplicate, up to 20-25+ courses.

If you need to extend the membership, it's just $99/month for 2 courses at a time, unlimited courses.
Once done with the max of Sophia.org courses, you should update this thread with a new evaluation.
Example set of courses from Sophia.org: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Thank you so much for your reply, very valuable information. My end goal is a master's degree indeed. I am gaining credit through Sophia.org at the moment, and will update once done.
I am finishing up a with excelsior (registering for the capstone by next Thursday) but I transferred from coopersmith. I only learned about study.com and Sophia.org l from this sight but I heard it’s cheaper than coopersmith. good luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cmglaser08's post:
  • Tessa
(06-16-2022, 11:11 PM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: I am finishing up a with excelsior (registering for the capstone by next Thursday) but I transferred from coopersmith. I only learned about study.com and Sophia.org l from this sight but I heard it’s cheaper than coopersmith. good luck!

I don't think anyone has as many UL Psych courses as Coopersmith.  There's no doubt in my mind that they saved me a great deal of time and money on my EC Psych requirements.
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • Allison1, TwinMom
Rainbow 
(07-30-2022, 03:33 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 11:11 PM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: I am finishing up a with excelsior (registering for the capstone by next Thursday) but I transferred from coopersmith. I only learned about study.com and Sophia.org l from this sight but I heard it’s cheaper than coopersmith. good luck!

I don't think anyone has as many UL Psych courses as Coopersmith.  There's no doubt in my mind that they saved me a great deal of time and money on my EC Psych requirements.

I'm agree with your mind
I've been to this thread a few times to read the useful information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 528 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 995 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,726 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,732 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,398 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,365 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,139 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,821 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,306 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,364 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az