Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 - WGU MSITM Journey
Power, Influence and Leadership completed. 2/10 courses done the first month. IT Management is up next, and it looks like a bit of a bear.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • datby98, LevelUP
Time for an update.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Its been a while since I posted anything here. How is your journey going?

I started the MSITM Nov 01 and I'm about 2 weeks from completion. I'm currently working on my capstone task 3. Task 1 and 2 are in the books. I've been kicking some serious behind.

Good luck
Mitmike2019 Wrote:Its been a while since I posted anything here. How is your journey going?

I started the MSITM Nov 01 and I'm about 2 weeks from completion. I'm currently working on my capstone task 3. Task 1 and 2 are in the books. I've been kicking some serious behind.

Good luck

Amazing, that is fast! I guess 3 months of downtime gets the job done! MSITM for about 4 grand is an amazing deal, especially since you're going in such a fast pace... Good job, I am looking forward to seeing your "I'm Done with WGU MSITM" thread!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good job

Sent from my phone using DegreeForum.net mobile app
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(01-14-2022, 09:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Mitmike2019 Wrote:Its been a while since I posted anything here. How is your journey going?

Good luck

Amazing, that is fast!  I guess 3 months of downtime gets the job done!  MSITM for about 4 grand is an amazing deal, especially since you're going in such a fast pace... Good job, I am looking forward to seeing your "I'm Done with WGU MSITM" thread!
Thank you,
It has been 2.5 months of non-stop writing. Prior to enrollment I completed the project management certification (CAPM) which fulfilled the project management class. Just one class required a proctored test (InformationTechnologyManagement), the rest were just a bunch of papers. Prior to enrollment, I researched every class and got a pretty good idea of the requirements, so when a class was activated, I had a good idea what was required. The course instructors are amazing and the resources provided for every course are extremely helpful. Hopefully by the end of the month I will be posting the "I'm Done" thread.

If anyone here wants to pick my brains, go ahead. This forum has been so helpful in my journey, from zero degrees to two AAs, two BSs and soon a Masters. My journey started in 2019, and I took a whole year off.
(01-15-2022, 04:23 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Prior to enrollment, I researched every class and got a pretty good idea of the requirements, so when a class was activated, I has a good idea what was required.

That is similar to my process for undergrad courses and certificates.

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."  (Another Matrix quote, sry all)

What you did was pretty amazing in under 3 months.  It does take discipline to push through to get to the end of your degree journey.

The WGU master's degrees have amazing ROI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
I'm most definitely speed walking this path, but there are no short cuts. The assignments are long and many are brutal. The knowledge and experience from my
bachelors in management and CIS along with several years in IT and a few certs have been very useful. (CCNP, Sec+, CAPM, MCSA, ITIL, Lean Six).
Workload: I've been typing papers every single day since Nov 1st, absolutely zero days off.
I love WGU
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mitmike2019's post:
  • MNomadic
I've dropped the ball for the most part due to holidays, Covid and a death in the family....Trying to bounce out of it by taking the OA for IT Management this week.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • Imbanewbie, jch, MNomadic
Good luck on test. Pay extra attention to the following sections: Ethics, Leadership, ITIL, know each methodology listed in the book and SDLC stages. There are several quizlet quizzes covering most key terms,  I recommend studying them. Also listen to the pre-recorded cohorts from Jerry Geiser. You got this...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,460 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,916 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,284 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  I'M DONE_WGU MSITM Mitmike2019 3 796 01-30-2022, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mitmike2019
  Walden MHA tempo learning journey Sparklette 17 3,886 02-24-2021, 08:46 AM
Last Post: pkmoose
  Walden U - MS Psych Learning Tempo Journey warriortaupou 3 1,046 10-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Unity
  Walden Master I/O Psychology -compentency based $1100 - My journey xspect 57 12,590 09-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  My Nations University MTS Journey armstrongsubero 10 3,525 08-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Lightbulb WGU MBA IT Management - The Journey from the Beginning to the End albinosmurf 21 8,589 11-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Kima