Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian History Results Anyone?
Moving right along in the world of "upper level courses"..has anyone tested out of this course yet. I can't help but, believe that alot of us will be taking this to satisfy course requirements. Stories, hints, ideas, prayers{!}, and suggestions are extremely welcome.
I will be taking the DANTES Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union exam as soon as I complete the DANTES Civil War and Reconstruction exam. I am taking both to complete my UPPER level credits and depth requirement in history.

Here are the study materials that I have:

The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Empire by Raymond Pearson (Amazon-USED)

Soviet Politics 1917-1991 by Mary McAuley (Amazon-USED)

The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - VHS tapes (Amazon-USED)

DANTES (Rudman's) Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (http://www.passbooks.com or AMAZON)

.......and many many PRAYERS too!!

GOOD LUCK!!
Let us know how you do and what study tools were most helpful. Good luck with all your tests!
I slipped by this one using only Wikipedia

One note...the outline says that you dont need anything before 1917, but go all the way back to 1890. I had a big section on pre-revolution activities and actions of the govt. I think that really drove my score down

ALot of Lenin, Stalin, and Kruzchev, very little of the latter leaders, although know the Bereznif(spell) doctrine about coming to the aid of communist govts.
I took the test today and I will agree with Ispahn here. Sorry I didn't use the flash card as I've just joined.

Know some of the famous Russian defectors and writers.

It's about 100 questions.
RBOWMAN Wrote:Moving right along in the world of "upper level courses"..has anyone tested out of this course yet. I can't help but, believe that alot of us will be taking this to satisfy course requirements. Stories, hints, ideas, prayers{!}, and suggestions are extremely welcome.

[SIZE="4"]Any new thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on ths one?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="4"]Any new thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on ths one?[/SIZE]
Thursday at one o'clock I'll travel up to the U of Texas at Arlington and test out on this subject. I awake at 5am each morning and study for 8 hours a day till then. Hopefully, that will be enough!
RBOWMAN Wrote:Thursday at one o'clock I'll travel up to the U of Texas at Arlington and test out on this subject. I awake at 5am each morning and study for 8 hours a day till then. Hopefully, that will be enough!

[SIZE="3"]GOOD LUCK - Let us know how you did!![/SIZE]
Just recieved my test results for Civil War and Reconstruction and Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union:

Civil War= 70

Soviet Union= 58

Both passing scores thanks to Instacert. I used Instacert almost exclusively for the Soviet Union test with the exception of a thin Sparknotes guide that only covered the Russion Revolution. For the Civil War I used two Sparknotes guides and Instacert. Instacert is the BOMB!
Redleg143 Wrote:Just recieved my test results for Civil War and Reconstruction and Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union:

Civil War= 70

Soviet Union= 58

Both passing scores thanks to Instacert. I used Instacert almost exclusively for the Soviet Union test with the exception of a thin Sparknotes guide that only covered the Russion Revolution. For the Civil War I used two Sparknotes guides and Instacert. Instacert is the BOMB!

[SIZE="4"]WAY TO GO RedLeg!!!!![/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 496 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 495 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 458 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,359 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir
  Plagiarism scan results Jennr2z 13 1,741 02-22-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Learn Chinese, Russian or Arabic? rachel83az 1 567 07-30-2022, 08:36 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,336 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 1,900 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Looking For UPPER LEVEL History Courses tls7291 7 1,210 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: tls7291