Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/O to Study.com for listening to us and implementing changes
Wanted to say thanks to Study for their new progress bar that keeps track of your score, and for the site now keeping me logged in! It's exciting to see a company that not only listens to its patrons but is also actively steam-rolling out new courses! I think you guys are going places! 👍
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
I looked at Study.com a while ago and didn't think it was for me. I've now taken another look and am very impressed at how many UEXCEL and TECEP aligned study courses there are. I'll be joining next week just for those. Hoping they create even more of those types of courses.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
I've been very impressed with study.com and its prompt customer service. I've had a couple of issues but every time I've reported them they were fixed promptly - usually within a few hours and 24 hours at the most. I absolutely love the new quiz grade score - it shows you exactly what you need for the final before you ever take it. And I love that you get the score for the final right on the screen as soon as you submit. No need to worry about if you passed or not.

I have 6-7 classes to complete and I'll probably use study.com for all of them. No point in switching to another source when I've found one that works so well.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Thank you for the s/o and all the awesome feedback! :hurray: Our content and product teams work hard to provide more courses for credit and features that make your Study.com experience better. We greatly appreciate your comments on what is working well for you (as well as what you would like to see improved).

-The Study.com Team
I do have one suggestion though... For those of us on the scholarship who can't purchase extra exams... Can we either have access to all six exams at once or access to purchase additional exams? At the end of my first month I had weeks of downtime. I know we can set up a second account but it's a logistical nightmare trying to time courses plus extra exams between accounts. It's almost easier to go elsewhere (which is not my preference!). That one little change would make life so much easier.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:I do have one suggestion though... For those of us on the scholarship who can't purchase extra exams... Can we either have access to all six exams at once or access to purchase additional exams? At the end of my first month I had weeks of downtime. I know we can set up a second account but it's a logistical nightmare trying to time courses plus extra exams between accounts. It's almost easier to go elsewhere (which is not my preference!). That one little change would make life so much easier.

Not a complete solution to this, but something to think about - you can always use your Study.com membership to study for courses that you're not going to take through them. For instance, you could use them to study for Marketing or Management, and then take the Saylor exams for $25. It won't align perfectly, but it would certainly be close enough to get you a pass. And Saylor's study materials are so bad for most courses, that Study.com is probably a better option anyway.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Not a complete solution to this, but something to think about - you can always use your Study.com membership to study for courses that you're not going to take through them. For instance, you could use them to study for Marketing or Management, and then take the Saylor exams for $25. It won't align perfectly, but it would certainly be close enough to get you a pass. And Saylor's study materials are so bad for most courses, that Study.com is probably a better option anyway.

I was gonna use Study.com's management course to study for the Principles of Management CLEP. Would you recommend the Saylor course over the CLEP?
Btaylor89 Wrote:I was gonna use Study.com's management course to study for the Principles of Management CLEP. Would you recommend the Saylor course over the CLEP?

I would recommend the Saylor EXAM over the CLEP, simply due to cost and convenience.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
rlw74 Wrote:I do have one suggestion though... For those of us on the scholarship who can't purchase extra exams... Can we either have access to all six exams at once or access to purchase additional exams? At the end of my first month I had weeks of downtime. I know we can set up a second account but it's a logistical nightmare trying to time courses plus extra exams between accounts. It's almost easier to go elsewhere (which is not my preference!). That one little change would make life so much easier.

I second this!! I have about a month left of mine, finished all my projects and would love to be able to purchase exams and work on some more courses.
Thank you for letting us know that you are looking to purchase additional exams while on the scholarship! Our product team is looking at creating this feature so that we can make earning credit even more convenient for you.

-The Study.com Team

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,480 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,684 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM