Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SANS FOR500 Test and college credit
Here is the test I'm trying to find college credits for. This is an expensive test paid for by law enforcement and government agencies. I was not able to find it within the ACE directory and that seems odd.

https://www.sans.org/cyber-security-cour...-analysis/

GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)

The GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE) certification validates a practitioner’s knowledge of computer forensic analysis, with an emphasis on core skills required to collect and analyze data from Windows computer systems. GCFE certification holders have the knowledge, skills, and ability to conduct typical incident investigations including e-Discovery, forensic analysis and reporting, evidence acquisition, browser forensics and tracing user and application activities on Windows systems.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
You going for an IT degree now? You can try your luck with Purdue Global as they accept it... https://www.purdueglobal.edu/alternative...ion-exams/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-30-2022, 05:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You going for an IT degree now? You can try your luck with Purdue Global as they accept it... https://www.purdueglobal.edu/alternative...ion-exams/

No, I'm trying to help my son find credits for his CERTS from the government.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
(10-30-2022, 05:54 PM)vetvso Wrote: Here is the test I'm trying to find college credits for. This is an expensive test paid for by law enforcement and government agencies. I was not able to find it within the ACE directory and that seems odd.

Why is it odd that you can't find it? There are a lot of tests out there that aren't ACE-evaluated. I don't see anything on that page that says it's worth credits. Not outside of the SANS Technology Institute.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It counts as 1 graduate course at either Purdue Global or SANS Technology Institute. I don't think SANS want the ACE status since they make a lot of money on their certs and degrees, and they are already regionally accredited themself... But you could always ask at UMPI for example, they may take it.
(10-30-2022, 06:28 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: It counts as 1 graduate course at either Purdue Global or SANS Technology Institute. I don't think SANS want the ACE status since they make a lot of money on their certs and degrees, and they are already regionally accredited themself... But you could always ask at UMPI for example, they may take it.

Purdue Global seems to be the best location for credit unless I find something elsewhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,486 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,177 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,532 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,924 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 496 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 389 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 728 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 503 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant