Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC - Corresponding Course Names
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to make sure that I select the right SDC courses for the classes I'm going to take at SNHU. I couldn't find "exact" matches for several of the ones in the list below. Is there a way to match up the specific courses to SDC course name? 

Principles of Marketing - found this one.
MKT-113

College Composition
ENG-122 & ENG-ELE

Principles of Macroeconomics - I think I found this one.
ECO-202

Humanities
HUM-100

Financial Accounting
ACC-201

Principles of Microeconomics
ECO-201

Information Systems
IT-100

Introductory Business Law
BUS-206

Management Information Systems
IT-210

Principles of Statistics
MAT-240

Human Relations (I'm taking this through SNHU but I wanted to see if I could supplement the text book and study the material on SDC instead).
OL-125
(12-17-2018, 04:20 PM)Bachinayr Wrote: I'm trying to make sure that I select the right SDC courses for the classes I'm going to take at SNHU. I couldn't find "exact" matches for several of the ones in the list below. Is there a way to match up the specific courses to SDC course name? 
[...]
Human Relations (I'm taking this through SNHU but I wanted to see if I could supplement the text book and study the material on SDC instead).
OL-125

I'm not sure why you're trying to map the SDC courses to what you're taking at SNHU. However, so you know, if you're intending to take them at SDC and transfer them to SNHU, course transfer equivalency is based on the syllabus/content, not on the course name. Common courses will usually map pretty closely but not all do and each school has different requirements for what is necessary to fulfill its requirements.

I don't know anything about SNHU so I can't comment on how they deal with alternative credits so I'm mostly speaking in generalities. I suspect SNHU doesn't have an established articulation agreement with SDC to establish a formal transfer equivalency, but if they do, you would be able to find that on either the SDC site or SNHU's site.

If you're trying to figure out which to take to satisfy specific requirements at SNHU, I recommend making a list of SDC courses you're interested in that sound similar to the courses you are trying to replace (maybe with a few alternates) and confirming that list with an academic counselor at your school to confirm that they (1) will be accepted and (2) will satisfy the requirements you expect. At some schools, you can use this approach to get pre-approval for alternative credits in your degree plan

As for using SDC as the study for courses taught at SNHU, I would be careful with that. The SDC courses are taught using the generic SDC material which is pretty much focused on their own exams. I wouldn't expect that the SDC course content will have enough breadth and depth to cover all the same requirements for a different college course taught elsewhere.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-17-2018, 04:47 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:20 PM)Bachinayr Wrote: I'm trying to make sure that I select the right SDC courses for the classes I'm going to take at SNHU. I couldn't find "exact" matches for several of the ones in the list below. Is there a way to match up the specific courses to SDC course name? 
[...]
OL-125

I'm not sure why you're trying to map the SDC courses to what you're taking at SNHU. However, so you know, if you're intending to take them at SDC and transfer them to SNHU, course transfer equivalency is based on the syllabus/content, not on the course name. Common courses will usually map pretty closely but not all do and each school has different requirements for what is necessary to fulfill its requirements.

I don't know anything about SNHU so I can't comment on how they deal with alternative credits so I'm mostly speaking in generalities.

If you're trying to figure out which to take to satisfy specific requirements at SNHU, I recommend making a list of SDC courses you're interested in that sound similar to the courses you are trying to replace (maybe with a few alternates) and confirming that list with an academic counselor at your school to confirm that they (1) will be accepted and (2) will satisfy the requirements you expect. At some schools, you can use this approach to get pre-approval for alternative credits in your degree plan

As for using SDC as the study for courses taught at SNHU, I would be careful with that. The SDC courses are taught using the generic SDC material which is pretty much focused on their own exams. I wouldn't expect that the SDC course content will have enough breadth and depth to cover all the same requirements for a different college course taught elsewhere.

Thanks, Merlin. I was trying to find the CLEP equivalent course at SDC for the aforementioned courses with the exception of Human Relations. I had already verified with SNHU that I could "test out" of the other 10 classes I listed above, but I couldn't find the courses on SDC. I have an email to SDC inquiring about this, but I think I will also need to reach out to my AA at SNHU to get a more precise answer.
(12-17-2018, 05:01 PM)Bachinayr Wrote:
[...]
OL-125

I don't know anything about SNHU so I can't comment on how they deal with alternative credits so I'm mostly speaking in generalities.

Thanks, Merlin. I was trying to find the CLEP equivalent course at SDC for the aforementioned courses with the exception of Human Relations. I had already verified with SNHU that I could "test out" of the other 10 classes I listed above, but I couldn't find the courses on SDC. I have an email to SDC inquiring about this, but I think I will also need to reach out to my AA at SNHU to get a more precise answer.

If you're just looking for closest match courses at SDC I can help with that...
  • Principles of Marketing -> Business 102: Principles of Marketing
  • College Composition -> English 104: College Composition I and English 105: College Composition II
  • Principles of Macroeconomics -> Economics 102: Macroeconomics
  • Principles of Microeconomics -> Economics 101: Principles of Microeconomics
  • Humanities -> Humanities 101: Intro to Humanities
  • Financial Accounting -> Accounting 101: Financial Accounting
  • Information Systems -> Business 104: Information Systems & Computer Applications
  • Introductory Business Law -> Business 103: Introductory Business Law
  • Management Information Systems -> Business 303: Management Information Systems
  • Principles of Statistics -> Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
Hopefully that helps.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-17-2018, 05:12 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 05:01 PM)Bachinayr Wrote:
[...]
OL-125

If you're just looking for closest match courses at SDC I can help with that...
  • Principles of Marketing -> Business 102: Principles of Marketing
  • College Composition -> English 104: College Composition I and English 105: College Composition II
  • Principles of Macroeconomics -> Economics 102: Macroeconomics
  • Principles of Microeconomics -> Economics 101: Principles of Macroeconomics
  • Humanities -> Humanities 101: Intro to Humanities
  • Financial Accounting -> Accounting 101: Financial Accounting
  • Information Systems -> Business 104: Information Systems & Computer Applications
  • Introductory Business Law -> Business 103: Introductory Business Law
  • Management Information Systems -> Business 303: Management Information Systems
  • Principles of Statistics -> Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
Hopefully that helps.
Awesome! Thanks a bunch!
Anyone has the link to study.com & TESU’s course equivalencies? Can’t find it on either website.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(11-16-2019, 03:46 AM)Supermind Wrote: Anyone has the link to study.com & TESU’s course equivalencies? Can’t find it on either website.

https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
Thank you @lacussucceed
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
SNHU doesn't have a partnership with Studycom but they have one with Saylor Academy and for sure they accept ACE credits / Studycom. I don't recall anyone here being enrolled and posting their transfer eval, but if you're enrolling and planning to be a student there, it would help others if you'd post YOUR eval!
(FYI they have a 90 credit transfer cap)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Course Names at Sophia dbinghamjr 4 1,072 10-19-2022, 04:31 AM
Last Post: rachel83az