Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Digital Marketing & Advertising - BALS CIS/COS AOS
My advisor tells me I cannot use this course for CIS AOS in BALS NSM.  I have seen many CIS AOS posted that contain this course. According to the email, it is a business course so maybe it works for only in the BSBA CIS AOS or should I appeal? 

"As you will see when looking at your Academic Evaluation- the MAR-441 Digital Marketing & Advertising will NOT go towards completing your degree. Please do not take that course.

You need to account for/pre-plan for two more Upper level Liberal Studies courses- Liberal Studies courses are not Business courses, such as Marketing."
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
The BA Liberal Studies AOS concentration is called computer science, not CIS.

I was told the Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising 309 will work for UL for the BSBA CIS AOS.

The BS Info Tech degree I don't know if Digital Marketing & Advertising 309 will work there.

It may be that the business marketing course only works for BSBA CIS but not anywhere else.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-20-2020, 10:48 PM)LevelUP Wrote: The BA Liberal Studies AOS concentration is called computer science, not CIS.

I was told the Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising 309 will work for UL for the BSBA CIS AOS.

The BS Info Tech degree I don't know if Digital Marketing & Advertising 309 will work there.

It may be that the business marketing course only works for BSBA CIS but not anywhere else.

Yes, I know. I have an eval for BALS COS and BALS NSM (Nat Sci Math) Computer Information Systems AOS. and a plain old BALS for that matter.

I haven't decided yet between the two yet and haven't hit the hard stop. I still have programming courses needed for both. It's the ULs that seem to be trickier.

Attached Files
.png   Evaluations TESU.png (Size: 38.67 KB / Downloads: 9)

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
The UL courses for BALS computer science should be the same as the BA computer science degree.

UL courses are:
Systems Analysis & Design 302 (study.com)
Database Management 303 (study.com)
Management Information Systems 303 (study.com)
Computer Architecture 306 (study.com)
Network Technology CMP-354 (TECEP)
Linear Algebra (Coopersmith)

I was on the phone with TESU today and they said there have been lots of changes to how computer courses come in so I will double-check these and update if I find some new courses.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-20-2020, 11:55 PM)LevelUP Wrote: The UL courses for BALS computer science should be the same as the BA computer science degree.

UL courses are:
Systems Analysis & Design 302  (study.com)
Database Management 303 (study.com)
Management Information Systems 303 (study.com)
Computer Architecture 306 (study.com)
Network Technology CMP-354 (TECEP)
Linear Algebra (Coopersmith)

I was on the phone with TESU today and they said there have been lots of changes to how computer courses come in so I will double-check these and update if I find some new courses.

Those look good to me. But on my COS eval they dumped my Database Management course altogether! They put it into "Other Courses" My GEs are full, but how do you dump an UL course? It applied in the NSM AOS eval no problem.

Systems A&D and MIS will def go towards either degree. The rest I have to find out definitively. I still have programming courses in common and the MIS and Systems A&D to keep me busy in the meantime.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 992 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 428 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 431 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,169 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Marketing (possible dual degree CIS) ThePA 6 676 04-12-2023, 10:03 PM
  TESU grads - how long did it take to receive your digital diploma?? Amberlinjeanne 2 813 03-10-2023, 09:06 PM
Last Post: gams007
  need help designing TESU BALS degree plan ece2001biz 8 1,115 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
  BALS(PSY) ragkrish 10 1,096 07-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: ragkrish
  Capstone BAlS desoren 6 980 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
  Starting from (almost) scratch-TESU BSBA Marketing dotdot 6 850 05-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf