Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC and TESU American Gov't
No..here's word:

+++
The ACE recommendation of credit for the Study.com course changed on September 1, 2020. Students who complete it after that date are granted the equivalency of POS-100, which is no longer an acceptable option for the Civic Engagement requirement.

Had you completed it between May 1, 2015 and August 31, 2020, we would have been able to transfer it as POS-110. Unfortunately, no change can be made.
+++

EDIT UPDATE FROM TESU:
The Study.com course Political Science 103 will transfer as POS-282 and will complete the Civic Engagement requirement upon transfer.
Interesting, I've had the very same SDC course on my plan, and approved by Academic Advising at TESU, to transfer in exactly as you had it. I had this approved AFTER 8/31/20, about 4 weeks ago.
(10-29-2020, 12:25 PM)AZDan Wrote: Interesting, I've had the very same SDC course on my plan, and approved by Academic Advising at TESU, to transfer in exactly as you had it. I had this approved AFTER 8/31/20, about 4 weeks ago.

When did you take the course ?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(10-29-2020, 08:20 AM)bigrivergroup Wrote: No..here's word:

+++
The ACE recommendation of credit for the Study.com course changed on September 1, 2020. Students who complete it after that date are granted the equivalency of POS-100, which is no longer an acceptable option for the Civic Engagement requirement.

Had you completed it between May 1, 2015 and August 31, 2020, we would have been able to transfer it as POS-110. Unfortunately, no change can be made.
+++

EDIT UPDATE FROM TESU:
The Study.com course Political Science 103 will transfer as POS-282 and will complete the Civic Engagement requirement upon transfer.

I got the same answer.  The course was super boring.  Now I have to take another course for this requirement.
Ouch, TESU's making so many changes now. What the heck right? Anyways, cheapest/easiest/fastest is the ICC InstantCertCredit American Government course, it's just $20+$15 proctor fee, you also support this board...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • beto
Instant Cert for American Government was cheap, pleasant and transferred in easy. Definitely recommend.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
I had to end up taking this course through TESU this term.
(11-13-2020, 02:00 PM)AZDan Wrote: I had to end up taking this course through TESU this term.

Are you going for the 16 credits and not paying the residency waiver fee?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-29-2020, 08:20 AM)bigrivergroup Wrote: No..here's word:

+++

+++

EDIT UPDATE FROM TESU:

holy crap I've been working on POS 102 on SDC aiming for the TESU civic engagement, thank you for sharing this... I'll have to make adjustments too. This sucks :/

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(10-28-2020, 05:45 PM)bigrivergroup Wrote: Yes I've reached out to them. I'm BSBA Gen Mgmt. This was for Civic Engagement POS110. I had that, ENC-102 (just passed the DSST) and SOS-110 remaining for LL.

I have an email in to get it straightened out. On the "borked" side of things, I was just reacting to my previous 89 credits and the new 90 credits after this addition where I expected to be at 92 and 95 after the ENC102 hits.

I'll let you know what they say. I'm fine with doing the Instant Cert or just testing out CLEP but the SDC POS102 course took quite a while, I could've spent the time on one of the more involved UL classes. I should've checked on it since the Study.com equivalence page for TESU doesn't have POS110 listed.

Can you direct me to the equivalency page?  I am just starting to plan and have no idea where to find this stuff "officially" outside of this forum.

I have also read that all the Sophia/SDC stuff needs to be done BEFORE starting TESU courses?  Does this mean I need not apply until I have done everything else?  Because I am getting mixed info.  Some say to apply so they can evaluate what I have, others say I need it all in place first or they won't take the transfers after that initial eval.  Thanks for any info you can provide.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch