Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC and TESU American Gov't
So I wasted a huge amount of time. It looks like SDC's American Gov't POS-102 does not transfer in to TESU American Gov't POS-110. Looking at my new evaluation it came is as a LL elective POS-101 and borked my credits count.

Should I do the CLEP American Gov't or is there another SDC course that I missed that should transfer in to take care of that class?
You could CLEP, but it'd probably be easier to just do InstantCert's American Government instead. It'd be $35 and no need to schedule exams at an exam center.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • collegechick, Dorothy44, harrypotter
(10-28-2020, 03:52 PM)bigrivergroup Wrote: So I wasted a huge amount of time. It looks like SDC's American Gov't POS-102 does not transfer in to TESU American Gov't POS-110. Looking at my new evaluation it came is as a LL elective POS-101 and borked my credits count.

Should I do the CLEP American Gov't or is there another SDC course that I missed that should transfer in to take care of that class?

TESU took SDC Intro to Comparative Politics for me about a month ago.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
Hold your horses bigrivergroup... TESU's automatic evaluation system didn't "bork" anything at all... Let me guess, you're going for a BA or BALS? Here's a brief and a solution. TESU's system is made to place your credits in the following order from firs to last - AOS, (Professional Requirements or Degree Requirements), General Education, and lastly Free Electives. Because you didn't have enough credits hitting the LL for the AOS, that is where the system placed it. All you have to do is notify TESU academic advising and ask to have it moved to the right spot.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are you trying to satisfy the civic engagement requirement? Because the course you took will work for that.
BABA, New England College, 2019
Question for those saying it works for civic engagement. The transfer guide used to show it came in at TESU as POS 110. The same SDC course is now a different number at TESU. Will that still work? (as in is this still an issue of order of filling stuff in?)

Bigrivergroup, you'll have to let us know if you ask academic advising and if they change it. I've been curious on that since the number changed in the SDC transfer guide
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Yes I've reached out to them. I'm BSBA Gen Mgmt. This was for Civic Engagement POS110. I had that, ENC-102 (just passed the DSST) and SOS-110 remaining for LL.

I have an email in to get it straightened out. On the "borked" side of things, I was just reacting to my previous 89 credits and the new 90 credits after this addition where I expected to be at 92 and 95 after the ENC102 hits.

I'll let you know what they say. I'm fine with doing the Instant Cert or just testing out CLEP but the SDC POS102 course took quite a while, I could've spent the time on one of the more involved UL classes. I should've checked on it since the Study.com equivalence page for TESU doesn't have POS110 listed.
The numbering doesn't really matter when you transfer the course over, unless you were expecting it to come in as an UL, then the numbering for courses do matter. Anyways, where did the course go to? Your free electives or general education electives? That is weird, an email to advising should fix that though...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-28-2020, 06:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The numbering doesn't really matter when you transfer the course over, unless you were expecting it to come in as an UL, then the numbering for courses do matter.  Anyways, where did the course go to? Your free electives or general education electives?  That is weird, an email to advising should fix that though...
It came in as a GE elective. I also saw this notice in yellow:
!! Exception 18 sh needed due to over in Natural World

So something shifted..Thanks!
(10-28-2020, 06:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The numbering doesn't really matter when you transfer the course over,

I hope that's the case for original poster.  A few months ago the numbering changed for how SDC Eng Comp 1 and 2 transferred in and the new numbers do not count for the Gen Ed written requirement. grrr.. had nothing to do with LL vs. UL.  I hope that situation did not happen with this government course.  but there are options if it did. and I hope the Eng Comp is the rare/only example.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 260 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch