Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC proctor
Hi,

Are all exams including quizzes, milestones, assignments and final assessment proctoring based or Just final assessment in SDC?

Thanks!
You are mixing up Study.com and Sophia. There are no milestones for Study.com courses.

For Study.com, there are 2 different types of courses: 1) one that has quizzes which count for ⅔ of the course and the final proctored exam which counts for ⅓; and 2) one that has quizzes which count for ⅓ of the course, assignment(s) that count for ⅓, and the final proctored exam which counts for ⅓.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TwinMom
That's right, Sophia.org is all open book and only has lower level courses. Study.com quizzes/assignments are open book, but the final is a closed book proctored final, you're just recorded, no live proctor. For StraighterLine, only the final is proctored as well, just that it's a real time proctor (live person).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you both of you for quick reply. I have completed all of them on Sophia except English composition. Taking on SDC.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I'm not sure if you intend to do English Composition at SDC or not. But those two courses are the exception to the info the dfrecore shared about fractions and percentages of assignments. Same big idea of course of what is and isn't proctored. And that's the real take away.

It's just I saw this for first time today and was surprised so I felt like sharing...... According to the syllabus for SDC Eng 204 and Eng 205 (which transfer to TESU as ENC 101 and 102 according to the equivalency guide) assignments are 70% of grade, quizzes are 10% and proctored final is 20%. 5 assignments in 204 and 6 in 205. yikes.

has to be the exceptional out there, right?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • Dorothy44, rbrtpgdmn@gmail.com
I am working on English composition at ONU for RA credits.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
If someone is in need of English Comp at TESU, I personally recommend the CLEP College Composition. One exam gets you both Comp 1 and II, and with ModernStates paying for both the CLEP exam and protctoring fees, as well as providing very effective prep materials and testing... it's hard to argue (at least for me) that anything else is a better combination of cost and effort expended.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • LevelUP
(07-22-2021, 12:12 AM)studyingfortests Wrote: If someone is in need of English Comp at TESU, I personally recommend the CLEP College Composition.  One exam gets you both Comp 1 and II, and with ModernStates paying for both the CLEP exam and protctoring fees, as well as providing very effective prep materials and testing... it's hard to argue (at least for me) that anything else is a better combination of cost and effort expended.

I recommend the CLEP also.  It is much easier to do than anything else I have seen.  Very little writing too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • LevelUP
(07-22-2021, 12:12 AM)studyingfortests Wrote: If someone is in need of English Comp at TESU, I personally recommend the CLEP College Composition. One exam gets you both Comp 1 and II, and with ModernStates paying for both the CLEP exam and protctoring fees, as well as providing very effective prep materials and testing... it's hard to argue (at least for me) that anything else is a better combination of cost and effort expended.

Thirded. And if anyone is worried about the essay, TESU will also take CLEP Composition Modular and DSST Advanced English Composition for Comp 1 & 2 - no essay writing required.
Do note, though, that CLEP and DSST transcripts take a very long time to arrive at TESU. My recent experience is 3-4 weeks for CLEP and 4-6 weeks for DSST. TESU must still be receiving the results on paper.
Also use your TESU PrepSTEP account for free practice CLEP and DSST tests: https://my.tesu.edu/Pages/LearnExp.aspx
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(07-21-2021, 10:12 PM)P226mem Wrote: I'm not sure if you intend to do English Composition at SDC or not. But those two courses are the exception to the info the dfrecore shared about fractions and percentages of assignments. Same big idea of course of what is and isn't proctored.  And that's the real take away.

It's just I saw this for first time today and was surprised so I felt like sharing...... According to the syllabus for SDC Eng 204 and Eng 205 (which transfer to TESU as ENC 101 and 102 according to the equivalency guide) assignments are 70% of grade, quizzes are 10% and proctored final is 20%. 5 assignments in 204 and 6 in 205. yikes.

has to be the exceptional out there, right?

"For this assignment, you will write a 4000-word minimum, research-based, argumentative research paper"

Study.com English 204 is pretty much like the Liberal Arts Capstone at TESU.  Looks like a lot of work LOL.

You can pick up a copy of Peterson Master the Clep on pdfdrive.  The Composition CLEP has a high pass rate like 70%, it's really easy however a little practice is needed so you don't run out of time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC proctor tips? Kones 9 1,033 03-12-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Saylor Piloting New Proctor ($5/test instead of $25) ylmir 19 4,214 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC PSI proctor service issue lrck4 6 1,336 01-24-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: udi
  Free Saylor Proctor natshar 4 1,547 11-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Proctor Page Error on Study.com ROYISAGIRL 2 1,511 12-23-2018, 05:29 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  No proctor like Sophia? Tekky 6 3,912 06-28-2018, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Problems with webcam study.com proctor need help? fork 14 3,875 04-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Study.com Proctor Questions kevinmane 20 6,076 03-06-2018, 03:27 AM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Saylor Proctor U, how does it work? assaultdog0351 14 5,278 09-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Last Post: teacher2
  Slayor course and final proctor exam RRMIKE 3 2,012 08-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore