Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC to TESU Clarity on staying active 12 months
Assuming one takes the 1c TECEP, which then resets the enrollment for another 3 years, am I needing to complete the 3cr within twelve months of passing the TECEP to keep the partnership pricing?

My initial application will reset on the day I take the TECEP right so that's the beginning of the 1 year?

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom
The enrollment is reset for another ONE year, not 3, and you have to continue with this each year.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Also, student status doesn't update until the 10th day of the term. So if you register for a TECEP that begins in August, and the term start date is the 3rd, your status doesn't switch from applicant to enrolled until August 13th. This probably won't be a big deal since I think they give you a 30-day grace period from the 1-year anniversary of your application of the latest enrollment or re-enrollment, but it is something to keep in mind.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Yeah, about a year later you could enroll for a 3cr TECEP.

It has been posted that you don't actually need to take the TECEP, just be enrolled for it. I'm not certain of this but someone else might know.

However, instead of the 3cr TECEP, you might have already enrolled in the Cornerstone and/or Capstone. So it depends on your pace and what credits you need.

I know at least one person has posted that they stayed enrolled without taking the test. But even if you do have to take it, you at least don't need to pass the TECEP. Even failure keeps you enrolled, at least. Taking the TECEP is a huge pain in the neck but it's not too bad if it means staying enrolled for another year.
I had thought you could take the 1CR TECEP, fail it on purpose, then just retake it again 1 year later if needed.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
What's the 1cr tecep? I think I'm going to be short a credit and I don't mind teceps
(07-05-2020, 12:11 PM)inkleind Wrote: What's the 1cr tecep? I think I'm going to be short a credit and I don't mind teceps

APS-100-TE Medical Terminology
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-05-2020, 10:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I know at least one person has posted that they stayed enrolled without taking the test. But even if you do have to take it, you at least don't need to pass the TECEP. Even failure keeps you enrolled, at least. Taking the TECEP is a huge pain in the neck but it's not too bad if it means staying enrolled for another year.

That may have been me. I registered for a TECEP and withdrew after my status changed from applied to enrolled. I never planned to actually take the exam. After withdrawing I was still considered an enrolled student which allowed me to get my transcripts evaluated again. I needed to have my transcripts evaluated in order to register for my capstone, which I did as soon as the transcripts were evaluated and the capstone was unlocked. So like a month or two later.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • rachel83az
I signed up for the 1cr tecep for the April term, and I never took the exam and I'm enrolled. Also, I didn't withdraw; I just paid for the tecep and forgot about it. As I understand it, failing a tecep or just failing to take the test will not show up on the transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch