Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC transfer credits
Question 
Hello All,
I am new here.  I currently have an AAS in dental hygiene, and am working toward a BAAS. However, there are a few general education courses I still need.  The college I am interested in attending accepts ACE credits.  Has anyone used Study.com for gen ed courses? And if so, do you recommend it? Thanks so much for any and all feedback! The courses I need are: Creative Arts, ENGL 1302, GOVT 2301,2302, HIST 1302
What college is this? I think people here need too know to associate the course listings you gave. Additionally, you want to check in with your college's adviser to see if they will accept ACE replacements for those courses to get a guaranteed answer. Though, I will say most people here did use Study.com for their general education requirements and most are happy and respond well about the platform.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(02-09-2020, 09:31 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: What college is this? I think people here need too know to associate the course listings you gave. Additionally, you want to check in with your college's adviser to see if they will accept ACE replacements for those courses to get a guaranteed answer. Though, I will say most people here did use Study.com for their general education requirements and most are happy and respond well about the platform.

Thank you so much for your response! The college is Texas A&M.  All the college advisor tells me is that they accept ACE credits! I don't know!! I have since emailed the person who is in charge of transfers, still awaiting a response.  I just wanted to see if most people would recommend it or found it difficult to transfer the credits! Thanks again!
It's a fairly simple process.

You need to create a free account on ACE net: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

Then, complete a course on Study.com - view other posts about this.

Go back to ACE net and claim completion of the course. They will verify with Study.com or whatever source and then add it to your ACE net.

Once that is done, you select order a transcript on ACE net to your school. Transcripts are $20 for the first time and $15 every time after to another school.

Definitely check with your advisor first to see if they will take the courses. I'm not sure if they will find the courses equivalent.

ENGL 1302 is just English Composition II. https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/c...ions/engl/

GOVT 2301 and GOVT 2302 is just American Government I and II. http://coursecatalog.tamuc.edu/archive/2...l-science/

HIST 1302 seems to be U.S. History II. https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/c...ions/hist/

Creative Arts, I am not sure of.I can't tell off the bat if Texas A&M will substitute from a course at Study.com or take a humanities for it.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • jnevill
I would go back and ask your advisor if he can give you a link to the page showing that ACE credits are accepted. I know they take CLEP and DSST, which are ACE (so that could be what he's talking about) and all schools that "accept ACE credit" don't necessarily accept it like you think they would. For instance, many of those schools that accept it ONLY accept it on a JST from someone who was in the military, and it's something like 3cr.

You need to get clarification from your advisor, and I'd want to see it in writing if true.

I'm going to guess that they won't take these courses from Study.com - although it would certainly be wonderful if they did.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • alab21, jnevill, MrBossmanJr
Hmm... This might help - Here's the info you're probably looking for in the catalog.  
I think this is what your advisor might be informing you.  Read the bottom of the page. 
Link: https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/g...ssionstext
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21, MrBossmanJr
(02-10-2020, 01:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... This might help - Here's the info you're probably looking for in the catalog.  
I think this is what your advisor might be informing you.  Read the bottom of the page. 
Link: https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/g...ssionstext

I was right, it's ACE credit from a JST military transcript, and it's for PE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,715 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,523 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy