Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC vs. Coopersmith - Which is Better?
I need to take my UL courses in psych and don't know which is my best bet. I am pregnant (due Oct) and need to have 5 courses done via those avenues as well as in school full-time at TESU next month in addition to 4 classes at ASU - oh and let's not forget like 3 classes at Portage Learning LOL. So I need ease, serious ease. Which did you find easier or faster to complete with a decent grade the first go-round? I have quite a bit of a psych background in b&m's. 

If needed, I will be taking: 
Ethics in Social Sciences
Psychology of Personality
Research in Experimental Psychology 
History and Systems of Psychology
Physiological Psychology
SDC comes in as LL for all the AOS courses, except for History and Systems of Psychology. The SDC History and Systems course also requires a couple 1k+ word papers. You'll need Coopersmith to get UL credits anyway, and studying for a single comprehensive exam is usually faster and easier compared to handling the quizzes and papers in SDC.
If you're good at test taking, Coopersmith is hard to beat. They have an excellent selection of UL Psych courses and provide well-targeted study guides. In most cases I was also able to find the recommended textbooks dirt cheap if I was willing to go with an earlier edition.
(07-11-2020, 08:58 PM)scorpion Wrote: SDC comes in as LL for all the AOS courses, except for History and Systems of Psychology. The SDC History and Systems course also requires a couple 1k+ word papers. You'll need Coopersmith to get UL credits anyway, and studying for a single comprehensive exam is usually faster and easier compared to handling the quizzes and papers in SDC.

Writing papers is easy for me, but I'm not an AWESOME test taker unless the materials are direct - not a lot of wordy mumbo jumbo for a single question. I've aced all of my psych courses at b/m schools, but I don't have time to read textbooks and a bunch of other stuff. Trying to finish each course within a week.

(07-12-2020, 03:25 PM)ctcarl Wrote: If you're good at test taking, Coopersmith is hard to beat.  They have an excellent selection of UL Psych courses and provide well-targeted study guides.  In most cases I was also able to find the recommended textbooks dirt cheap if I was willing to go with an earlier edition.

This is my fear with Coopersmith. I have a book guy so I pay $20 max for books, but I don't have time to read a book front to back. I'm looking for something to the point that I can get through quickly enough, especially with my psych background. What'd you use the textbook for? The materials provided weren't enough? Or was it just for more information?
(07-12-2020, 06:16 PM)Erikabol Wrote: This is my fear with Coopersmith. I have a book guy so I pay $20 max for books, but I don't have time to read a book front to back. I'm looking for something to the point that I can get through quickly enough, especially with my psych background. What'd you use the textbook for? The materials provided weren't enough? Or was it just for more information?

I didn't always buy the books. I was pressed for time so in some cases I skipped them.

I like to have a book, and when I had one, I read it through completely once. But the provided study guides are well-targeted. If you have a psych background, you may find the provided material sufficient.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • Erikabol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,243 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 410 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,897 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 546 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,008 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,194 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM