Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL American Government - 1st class
Hi! I have been approved to do SL American Government for one of my final general ed requirements for my BSN. Finally bit the bullet and purchased the membership/course last night. I've scoured the threads and haven't found too many specific details about the course. Just wondering if going through the course lessons is sufficient or if most end up reading the ebook as well? Hoping to knock this out in about a week. Final is closed book and 300 points. I *think* I can retake the other exams multiple times which equate to 700 points. 

Thanks for any tips!
No, it's only the first exam you can retake. The other exams can only be taken once. Yes the book is sufficient, I am not an American and finished the course in two days, so just focus and you can do it. There is no shortcut, just bite the bullet, get down to it and earn those credits!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Sapientes
Thanks. Did you do the lessons in addition to the ebook? Maybe the other exams are open book and that is what I am thinking of.. I have three small boys which hinders my time a great deal.. otherwise I’d be wanting to do a two day plan as well!
Yes of course yoy should do the lessons as well but make sure and read the book, some questions came from the ebook.

I understand, just keep notes though!
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

From doing courses similar to SL, you need to read the ebook to do the quizzes, unless you want to use the search feature through the whole exam. I found it easier to just do the reading ahead of time, it made the quizzes go more quickly, and the final easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@dfrecore That final is closed book. Nothing to search for during the exam.

Honestly I study for all my exams as if they are closed book, I never once referred to the book during an exam.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Sapientes
(11-30-2018, 10:40 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Honestly I study for all my exams as if they are closed book, I never once referred to the book during an exam.

Good for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-30-2018, 01:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 10:40 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Honestly I study for all my exams as if they are closed book, I never once referred to the book during an exam.

Good for you.
Its meant to ease the stress of the OP. I'm not American and passed very comfortably, so I just wanted to reassure the OP, after all the final IS closed book, thanks to this method open or closed book dosent matter. Just study the same right through. It is working for me so far.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

I’ve been writing 15+ page papers for the past year and haven’t had to self study in long tine. Previously when I’ve done this type of exam, I rely on a textbook to prep myself. In this case it’s an ebook. I’m just wondering if it’s necessary to complete the lessons in addition to the textbook readings? And if anyone has had success doing one vs the other or if everyone is consistently reviewing all of that content. Even if I didn’t have kids, I don’t see how anyone could get through all the lessons, read an entire textbook and take 5 exam/quizzes plus a closed book final in 2 days.

I follow politics pretty closely and thus far it seems to be mostly a review of my high school government class 20 years ago. Will probably pick one method over the other and see how the first quiz goes.

Thanks for the input!!
@erinp88 well you do have tge advantage of being American, so I guess a lot of the stuff you will know already.

Its actually very doable in 2 days. On the first day wake at 6 and go to sleep at 11 and on the second day wake at 6 and at 9 schedule your proctored exam and bingo, 2 days.

There are some courses I finished in ONE day. 15 hours or less.

The average course is like 30-60 hours and besides math courses and courses with writing assignments, all the courses I have done so far can be done in about 30-35 hours, so you are looking at 2 days if you can put in 15 or more hours a day.

I even used this method for Shmoop and it works!

You do the lessons, then read the chapter and take a quiz. It helps to do a course fast because everything is fresh in your mind.

Of course you can also 'half-ass' some courses you dont like and finish in the same time like Nutrition and stuff where you already know some of it, you can put less effort and finish in 2-3 days as well.

The way I see it you can do one 3 hour class a week for 12 weeks or 3 days a week of 12 hour classes. Its the same time, yoi just gotta make up your mind.

It is not uncommon on this forum for persons to finish courses in a few days or hours.

It up to you how long you want to take.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 603 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,267 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Sophia - U.S. Government AllThose299s 10 2,853 06-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  American Government mt_1994 21 1,995 05-20-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Study.com Class Expiring smarterby1degree 0 530 02-27-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Sophia class order faptaincrunch 5 877 01-06-2023, 03:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  What happens if you drop a class in Sophia? Insert Name 18 8,690 12-13-2022, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 3,474 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM