Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SL Coupon Code
Hmm.. haven't received any yet, but I haven't completed the proctored exams, I have a couple scheduled to be completed.

Want to take another couple courses but can't get any more coupons to work from this thread or the website, already used 3.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(08-17-2018, 07:16 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Hmm.. haven't received any yet, but I haven't completed the proctored exams, I have a couple scheduled to be completed.

Want to take another couple courses but can't get any more coupons to work from this thread or the website, already used 3.

Keep in mind that SL doesn't send out new coupons very often (and when they do, most expire within a week) since they don't want people to use them for every course. The fact that you've managed to get 3 to work suggests you're ahead of the game. I think I was able to get 2 coupons to work for my SL courses, and 2 to work for subscriptions. If you plan to take a lot of SL courses, you'll probably have to pay full price for the bulk of the courses unless you can get a few BOGO coupons to work in succession.

Speaking of BOGO, some of the older coupons are still active but some may require purchasing a subscription at the same time as a course, or require the purchase of two courses at the same time. So you may want to go back to look at old codes and try them in different combinations.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Yes, that's perfect advice from Merlin. As I mentioned in a private message, this is the thread with all the coupons I have ever got... which equated to a few free courses! So, I also suggest doing the same thing, go through each page and add two courses to your SL cart, try one coupon at a time and see if you score a free course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yeah, I did try that already before posting. Basically tried a ton of them with 1 course in my cart and then did the same thing with 2 in the cart, no luck.

Sucks with the Canadian exchange rate.

I think maybe I should complete these courses and see if they send something or try and cancel the membership after completed and then re-new again. Maybe none of the codes are working now because it is set to auto-renew next month on it's own.
Credits:
I would also recommend canceling every month immediately after signing up.  Straighterline has some very complex coupon triggers and I think that some of them relate to new customers and I think that more coupons work if you are a "new" customer or at least someone who has let a membership lapse and then signed up again.  Also, I have had it happen to me that the membership automatically renews even if I don't plan to take a class and just forget to cancel in time.  That is a big waste of money and it is a good reason to cancel immediately after signing up for a month.
(08-18-2018, 09:31 AM)eriehiker Wrote: I would also recommend canceling every month immediately after signing up.  Straighterline has some very complex coupon triggers and I think that some of them relate to new customers and I think that more coupons work if you are a "new" customer or at least someone who has let a membership lapse and then signed up again.  Also, I have had it happen to me that the membership automatically renews even if I don't plan to take a class and just forget to cancel in time.  That is a big waste of money and it is a good reason to cancel immediately after signing up for a month.

Yes, and I was really paranoid about doing this -but EVERYTHING is saved and you have full access!! So, sign up on Monday, cxl on Monday. Then you still are active until your membership period closes (1 month). The day it closes, sign back up. One of my sons went about 3 -4 years from his last login and everything was still exactly as he left off.
I have the time now to start on more courses, so it's either start now at full price per course or wait for another possible discount again. Hmmm
Credits:
(08-18-2018, 11:06 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I have the time now to start on more courses, so it's either start now at full price per course or wait for another possible discount again. Hmmm

Unless you're only taking a few courses, it's unreasonable to expect to be able to use a coupon for every course. You'll end up having to pay full price for many if not most courses. That or you'll end up waiting for months for each new coupon to get another subscription or course.

SL only offers a few active coupons at any given time, they don't introduce new ones very often, and the ones that they do introduce are often time-limited so if you aren't able to use them right away, you're out of luck. Plus some coupons are only for new subscribers, some for single courses (which require an active sub), some for two courses (require an active sub), and some for subscriptions with courses (only work without active sub), so you have to have the right combination and the right timing. Often times I find a coupon for a course when I don't have an active sub, or a coupon for a sub when I don't have a discount for a course.

I guess it comes down to how long you're willing to wait.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
thanks studyandpass5!
just used RENEW50 and got $50 off membership
[-] The following 1 user Likes study_buddy's post:
  • indigoshuffle
I just used SLCHAT50 and got $50 off my cart (course + membership)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Coupon akr680 3 336 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,107 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,494 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  SOPHIA PROMO CODE Grateful4Advice 15 5,578 11-27-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  Do you have a current Study.com coupon code? Who could refer me? Felisa 3 681 09-06-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PSA: Everyone who used Avon's code for Sophia bdarei 7 2,062 03-08-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  latest Study.com code for January, 2023 for 1 month free EducationSeeker 3 1,548 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Study.com discount code renewed! mcquacks2 3 2,850 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  Study.com code carebear_007 19 4,374 02-23-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Sophia coupon code available until Sept. 30, 2021 rachel83az 1 1,023 09-10-2021, 10:24 AM
Last Post: thewupk